Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    yes

(Original post by Gent2324)
    yes
    Why?

(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
    No, as long as they didn't try to force their beliefs on me
    Okay how about if for example so religions...i don't know say Islam where if you want to marry the woman you have to convert before doing so would you still proceed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why?
    because i dont generally get along with spiritual people, especially when they mention something like no sex before marriage. and chances are they probably arent very dirty tbh

ReputationRep:
    Evangelical Christianity, Jehovas Witnesses, and anything polytheistic.

because i dont generally get along with spiritual people, especially when they mention something like no sex before marriage. and chances are they probably arent very dirty tbh
    Interesting. But I don't know about the 'They probably aren't very dirty' bit lol.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. But I don't know about the 'They probably aren't very dirty' bit lol.
    well i dont mean to generalize all religious people but what ive experienced is that they are always goody 2 shoes about what they do. but thats only my experience so im sure not all religious people are like that

ReputationRep:
    Depends on whether or not they try and convince me to believe in their views and if cause of religion we had different ideas on things like abortion and stuff; then again you can have different views with someone without them being religious. Id probably have more in common with an agnostic or atheist but I wouldn't turn down someone religious unless they were doing the whole you're going to hell/ karma's coming for you thing.

Really just depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to a romantic partner, I would have to be with someone who had the same views as me on certain things, religion being one of them. I have no problem having friends who are religious but when it comes to the person I settle down with, we'd have to be on the same page, which for me, is non religious.

well i dont mean to generalize all religious people but what ive experienced is that they are always goody 2 shoes about what they do. but thats only my experience so im sure not all religious people are like that
    Yeah I understand that's fair enough

Nope, unless they were some sort of Mike Pence-like Christian conservative.

(Original post by Starlight22)
    Depends on whether or not they try and convince me to believe in their views and if cause of religion we had different ideas on things like abortion and stuff; then again you can have different views with someone without them being religious. Id probably have more in common with an agnostic or atheist but I wouldn't turn down someone religious unless they were doing the whole you're going to hell/ karma's coming for you thing.

Really just depends on the person.
    Lol I hate people like that " you'll go to hell"

ReputationRep:
    If they’re enthusiastic about it, yeah

ReputationRep:
    Lol I hate people like that " you'll go to hell"
    Never met one but Ive heard of people who have, must be a weird way to live to accuse people of eternal damnation for no reason

(Original post by Rum Ham)
    When it comes to a romantic partner, I would have to be with someone who had the same views as me on certain things, religion being one of them. I have no problem having friends who are religious but when it comes to the person I settle down with, we'd have to be on the same page, which for me, is non religious.
    Yeah that's understandable. So you'd never consider religion basically

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?
    No but i would prefer a christian (catholic or COFE) or a Jew if not,no Muslims

ReputationRep:
    Imagine a Muslim and atheist getting together xD how the HELL does that work??

(Original post by Zxyn)
    If they’re enthusiastic about it, yeah
    Isn't that like saying if someone you are talking to is enthusiastic about this football club but you obviously don't support them would that out you off. Like they are life or death supporters or that team. Weird analogy ik lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 4, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.