Jcarl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi Guys, I got rejected for an interview to study Law at Magdalen. Been broken about it for over month (cringe lol)
My Grades are:
GCSEs:5A*S 6AS
AS Law: A
Predicted: A*AA
I thought my LNAT was juicy but obviously not.
All my other unis thought I had a good personal statement as have received offers
I have a few festive questions:

Were my grades too bad to get at least an interview?
Is it possible to reapply next year? (I feel awful but have no interest in my other universities as have been set on Oxford for ever)
Do people ever get in a year later if they reapply/ skip a year?
The competition for Law is the highest but there must still be a reason that I was not good enough? (bit rhetorical)
Did anyone receive an interview with lower than 5A*s?

I'm more devastated at the fact that I was not able to show all I have as I know I work better in conversation rather than just writing, which is key for Law.
Feeling like there's nothing I can do to change it is making me sick and its left me with a feeling of somewhat worthlessness.

Merry Christmas lol xxxxxxxx
auburnstar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I can't answer for law specifically but I have reapplied this year for another subject. Most important advice would be to move on for the moment, work hard so you can get as high as you can at A2 and reapply if you still feel like it and your grades exceed or meet AAA. Once you have those grades in hand, practice the LNAT using all the resources available to you (you cannot change your GCSEs at this point).

People do get in for law (and other subjects) if they reapply or are a gap year applicant and reapplicants overall tend to have slightly higher success rates (due to typically higher achieved grades and greater familiarity). It is possible to reapply successfully for law or any subject.

Oh also I have a friend who successfully reapplied for law a few years ago. If you like I can message you their details and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
Jcarl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by auburnstar)
I can't answer for law specifically but I have reapplied this year for another subject. Most important advice would be to move on for the moment, work hard so you can get as high as you can at A2 and reapply if you still feel like it and your grades exceed or meet AAA. Once you have those grades in hand, practice the LNAT using all the resources available to you (you cannot change your GCSEs at this point).

People do get in for law (and other subjects) if they reapply or are a gap year applicant and reapplicants overall tend to have slightly higher success rates (due to typically higher achieved grades and greater familiarity). It is possible to reapply successfully for law or any subject.

Oh also I have a friend who successfully reapplied for law a few years ago. If you like I can message you their details and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
That would be great! Thank you
diwangislucky
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm surprised that Ox and Bridge are so welcoming to reapplicants. I know that schools in the US would not overturn their decision unless you achieved greatness.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (68)
17.94%
No one else does (120)
31.66%
I'm embarrassed about my background (41)
10.82%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (128)
33.77%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.58%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.85%

Watched Threads