The Student Room Group

Please someone give me advice xx

Hi, really appreciate all the advice I can get. Please..

There’s this guy who I’m really close we. We share everything.

We went out twice. But both times I dumped him. I just felt that I couldn’t do it. I felt so much pressure from friends and family, giving me expectations of what I should live up to, and other expectations from social media I tried so hard not to listen to.

The second breakup I had to leave him cause he had depression and was sending me pictures of him self harming and stuff. I couldn’t bare it. He has anger issues too and would lash out on me. Or get pissed off really quick. At that point it was breaking me to see him like this as well as having to deal with my own family issues. So I got him some help to see a counsellor. And he wouldn’t talk to me because I got him help and dumped him. He cried a lot. And so did I.

Recently we started talking again. And we have both developed that love for each other again. Idk why but in my mind idk what’s been going on. It’s like I’ve got loads of small little issues flying round my head. And I never thought we would get back together due to how I affected him. I didn’t want to hurt him again. Or give him any false hope.

I really do not know what to do. He truly loves me and has got himself sorted out apart from the anger aspect of his which he still has a lot of. But he has told me that I make him happy.

I do regret dumping him twice. As ik that caused him so much pain which I didn’t wish upon him.

Really need some advice please! Feel like I’ve made so many wrong choices xx
Guess you didnt have a good Christmas?
Reply 2
Original post by sloppy fap 69
Guess you didnt have a good Christmas?

It was okay but was also frustrated by the problems above^
Do you think you can both make things work this time round? It seems like you have a lot of love for each other but issues on both sides made the relationship troubled. If you have resolved these issues, you have a good chance of making things work. If not, I would refrain from getting back together or just support each others as friends for the moment.
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
Do you think you can both make things work this time round? It seems like you have a lot of love for each other but issues on both sides made the relationship troubled. If you have resolved these issues, you have a good chance of making things work. If not, I would refrain from getting back together or just support each others as friends for the moment.

Thanks for the advice. And I would love to get back together. But we tend to argue a lot. And I understand that couples go through that kind of thing but it seems to be more on the phone as in texting than anything else. Idk if it would be worth meeting up with him in person to discuss this again?

Also just to be clear we do meet up every now and then, and have gone through school together too. So we are very close. We know each other and trust each other so much x
I wouldnt date him if I were you, even though you may still love him , and he probably does too, he doesnt sound very good. You gave him a second chance and he didn't use it well leading to your second break up. Id say stay on friendly terms but dont date him, you may have gone through school together but you can go through a lot with a person and still end up going separate ways. Remember , you got him help to deal with his issues and he wouldn't talk to you, all you did was do what was best for him and you, as you can't be his therapist. If you really want to date him , have his actions prove he has changed without him just saying so , if he asks you how he can prove himself tell him thats not for you to figure out, but him.
Reply 6
Original post by Starlight22
I wouldnt date him if I were you, even though you may still love him , and he probably does too, he doesnt sound very good. You gave him a second chance and he didn't use it well leading to your second break up. Id say stay on friendly terms but dont date him, you may have gone through school together but you can go through a lot with a person and still end up going separate ways. Remember , you got him help to deal with his issues and he wouldn't talk to you, all you did was do what was best for him and you, as you can't be his therapist. If you really want to date him , have his actions prove he has changed without him just saying so , if he asks you how he can prove himself tell him thats not for you to figure out, but him.

Thank you so much for the advice. I will take it on. I really appreciate it!😊
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for the advice. I will take it on. I really appreciate it!😊

no worries my dude, happy to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending