RJ555
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hi, I have most my offers back and shall probably be putting:

1. Lancaster (still waiting) - Law - Two As
2. Keele (had offer) - Law - Two Bs

The problem is now after applying I really like Lancaster, alot more than I do Keele, but i think the grades are a bit high for me (Id say Im an ABB student). If I get an offer from Lanc but don't make the grades can I ring up and ask to be put on another course/Instead of just taking my insurance? (I was fifty-fifty between Law and Politics anyway, and Politics grades are only BBB). Do you reckon Politics will be full by results day?

I know Its probably too early to worry but Im a bit of a pessimist and always overthink things.
Rhys.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If you get ABB you can ring up and ask if they'll still accept you since you've only just missed your grades. Not entirely sure about changing courses on results day though.
Chowder
Report 11 years ago
I don't know about Lancaster, but this Admissions dude from Warwick said that if you get an offer that is higher than what you expect you'll get, you can call the university upon getting the offer and (providing that you're a very good negotiator and have entirely valid reasons/explanations as to why you don't think you can achieve those grades) request for them to lower the offer. An alternative would be, like Rhys. said, to do the exams, and if you don't make the grades, call them then to ask if they'll still accept you. I'd think the latter is more risky though - the course may be fully subscribed by Results' Day.
trackaddict
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
when is results day? like 20th march?
Graylilxx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think they are more likely to accept you into your own course if you just miss the grades than put you in another course that is probably full of those who chose it first time round. Unless of course, it goes on clearing?? Do you know if it's been on clearing in the past
Rhys.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by trackaddict)
when is results day? like 20th march?
March is results day for the January exams - the final results day is, I think, August 14th this year.
herbal bug
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
wait till all your offers come through..then decide. it's the best way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.82%
No I haven't decided yet (41)
20.6%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.57%

Watched Threads