The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Cate15
Is anyone else sick to death of hearing about that bloody woman?!

Yes you she has drug problems and a reasonably sucessfull album but godddd why do people wanna know so much about her?
Why do we care?

Talent and tragedy in one package I suspect. The media, and the public the media pander to, love that kind of thing.
Because after Britney Spears commits suicide, who else will the media have to target and harass?
It's not totally her fault. The tabloids love writing about her as it panders to the materialistic, voyeuristic desires of many of today's young adults.
Reply 4
The british tabloids are an embarassment
I think it's a slightly less violent form of a Blood Sport. People enjoy seeing others fail, humiliate themselves and put themselves in pain. Schadenfreude.
Reply 6
Stop reading ****ing tabloids. The only mentions I hear of Amy Winehouse in the normal course of my life these days are the occasional slagging-offs she gets on HIGNFY and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.
Reply 7
Yes, me, I'm sick of hearing about that datty woman and her bloody husband.
L i b
Stop reading ****ing tabloids. The only mentions I hear of Amy Winehouse in the normal course of my life these days are the occasional slagging-offs she gets on HIGNFY and Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

I take the tube every day to and from uni. My only form of enjoyment during these tedious journeys is to read trash like the Metro and London Lite, so I just happen to read about her, not that I particularly want to.
Reply 9
Indeed. This rant is very much addressed the The London Paper and The London Lite rather than anyone else.
Oswy
Talent and tragedy in one package I suspect. The media, and the public the media pander to, love that kind of thing.

You think?
What's Amy Winehouse's husband getting for Christmas?

Raped!
Reply 12
Melancholy
You think?

Amy Winehouse has a powerful voice, and despite the fact that her lyrics are little off (I.e. "drugs are a girl's best friend" in Amy's case) she's definitely revived the jazz scene back into the mainstream.
I don't like her, tbh; and I know a lot better singers than her. But 'meh'.
Reply 14
Well, you have a point. I absolutely hated her until she released 'Tears Dry On Their Own'. I've always thought of Norah Jones to be a more accomplished mainstream Jazz musician.

Anyway, despite the fact the tabloids aren't being particularly nice on the whole 'let's invade Winehouse's personal life' thing, they'll do anything to manipulate fame and turn it into infamy.
Reply 15
I don't really know where you're coming from.

I read papers pretty regularly and don't see very much of her.
Reply 16
She just seems to be talked about so much lately.
It's just irritating.
i don't read celebrity magazines or columns but such news still manages to get to the front page or the equivalent to other media forms, occasionally. It's sad to see how skinny she is, evidently she has body issues. It's dreadful really, but seemingly her fiance or whatever, is into drugs too, hardly a recipe for success really.
A great example of the kind of mouthy, mediocre idiot that passes for a 'star' these days. A sad reflection of our times.
She has a beautifully unique voice and she has her own style. She comes with her selection of problems which the media choose to pounce on, but then so do most celebrities. I'm not particularly fond of everything she does, nor is she top of my cd pile, but she is certainly different, which breaks the monotony of many soloists who just blend into oneanother.

Latest

Trending

Trending