This discussion is closed.
thetoothfairy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ye i just ran across this website:

http://www.oxbridgeapplications.com/

and it says at the bottom that u can register for free, and it gives u secret inside information...Does it really...?

I got a little suspicious becuase to register u have to give ur home address and telelphone number and other personal details....so is anyone a member? WHat is it exactly? IS it worthwhile to become a member? OR do they send tons of **** thru the post? lol

CHeers
Spike4848
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think this is a legitimate company, there's definitely one around with a similiar name which is quite well known, which a friend of my brothers works for actually. But they're pretty useless, don't be tempted, it's not worth it.
*stars and stripes*
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My school had people in from this company to give us tips on applying and mock interviews. As helpful as that was, don't register- you'll be bombarded with mail (I seemed to get 3 copies of everything!) advertising courses that you can go on for extortionate prices. Stick with TSR- you can get everything you need to know from other applicants or undergrads already there :-)
YouAreWhatYouEat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No they don't give you 'secret insider information' lol

the reason they ask you for your address and personal details is so that they can flog you with there crap, i.e. bmat test days, lnat test days and all the other programmes they run :rolleyes:

I got one earlier this month where they sent some letter saying X% of pupils get rejected at oxbridge despite having AAA at a-level, so i should go onto one of there 150-200 pound prep days (let alone the weekend prep which is at 850 quid) to improve my chance :rolleyes:
calcium878
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Use search.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads