The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Pittville Student Village

Does anyone study at Park Campus (UoG) and live in the halls at Pittville Student Village? I’m applying for 2018 entry and I’m considering staying at Pittville, but am worried the buses to Park will be unreliable and I don’t want to be late to my lectures! Do you think it’d be better to stay on campus? I really liked Pittville when visiting it on the Open Day - Opinions please??
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
I lived in Pittville Halls in my first year but I went to FCH campus so I'm not sure if I can be much help. But in my experience the buses were generally reliable with the exception of Race Week and Meets when they were reaaaaly hit and miss. Park is quite a ways away from Pittville though so normally I could walk to FCH cutting it too close, but I would consider maybe if you had a car thinking about renting a parking space just in case. Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by Kanairee
I lived in Pittville Halls in my first year but I went to FCH campus so I'm not sure if I can be much help. But in my experience the buses were generally reliable with the exception of Race Week and Meets when they were reaaaaly hit and miss. Park is quite a ways away from Pittville though so normally I could walk to FCH cutting it too close, but I would consider maybe if you had a car thinking about renting a parking space just in case. Hope this helps!

Thank you :smile:

Firstly about buses.. can you get a bus pass do you know? My thoughts are that it might save a bit of money hahah!!

Secondly, I currently share a car with my mum but if the uni are ok with student support parking then maybe it’d be sensible to put my money towards my own car to bring rather than buses? Do they definitely allow students to park?
Original post by megrpricey
Thank you :smile:

Firstly about buses.. can you get a bus pass do you know? My thoughts are that it might save a bit of money hahah!!

Secondly, I currently share a car with my mum but if the uni are ok with student support parking then maybe it’d be sensible to put my money towards my own car to bring rather than buses? Do they definitely allow students to park?

Well, when I was living there the entire place was under construction and it was really disruptive, so they gave all the residents a free bus pass but I don't think they do that anymore. I know you can buy bus passes, but they can be quite expensive for the kind of one you would need.

You would need to apply to rent out a parking space but unfortunately I don't know how much that would be I'm afraid. There are limited parking spaces there so I would recommend enquiring about it sooner rather than later. It might be worth investing in a car for yourself, I know it would definetely be convenient but I wouldn't want to have too much sway in your decision on that since it's a big financial investment :smile:
Hope this helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, I currently live in Pittville. The buses are pretty reliable but can be up to 5 mins or so late. I think a bus pass is around £350 for the year and you aren't allowed a car at pittville unless you have special requirements e.g. a disability. Hope this helps!
Hi, I’ve just applied for accommodation in Pitville for sept and will be studying in Park Campus! But I’m sure there will be lots of people in the same boat catching buses etc!

Hoping it’ll be worth it ahah! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending