The Student Room Group

Do you download or stream music?

Do you prefer to own the tracks and have it stored on your device, or have access to a library of virtually all the songs out there?
Reply 1
stream
i have a amazon prime account so i get amazon music and i can stream offline whenever i want
I'd prefer to own it like on cd but I have a premium Spotify account as I can't afford tons of CDs! plus the artists still get a little money so I know I'm not completely ripping them off plus Spotify is totally legal etc
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Mystelle
Do you prefer to own the tracks and have it stored on your device, or have access to a library of virtually all the songs out there?

Have plenty of downloaded music and always did it that way but recently use Spotify, even with the ads and stuff with no prime
Reply 5
I never stream. I have physical copies of the vast majority of my music and then that is digitised and I also have some digital-only releases. I have a central server with just music on it for accessing it on devices at home, and I still use an iPod classic when I'm out and about.
Reply 6
my phone has minimal storage so i use spotify
A bit of both tbh. I like to own physical copies of some of my favourite albums, and i digitally download music quite frequently. Buuutt I also stream music on Tidal :P

Quick Reply

Latest