Who should take credit for an aging population

Watch
Chemgenius00
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
People are living longer and longer, should doctors take credit for this ?
abhinair3004
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I suppose it's the advanced stage of medicine that should be blamed. Not blamed , in particular though, from their perspective they're saving lives
GrandMedic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by abhinair3004)
I suppose it's the advanced stage of medicine that should be blamed. Not blamed , in particular though, from their perspective they're saving lives
What do you mean by "advanced stage"? Aside from doctors and researchers, teachers have also helped by educating the population on having a healthy lifestyle- which would lead to a greater life expectancy. Is this the advanced stage of medicine?

Also if you say doctors are "to blame" for an aging population because they've been saving lives, I'm not sure you'll score highly in the interview xD.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Chemgenius00)
People are living longer and longer, should doctors take credit for this ?
Education should take the blame. We are living longer but what comes with this is..... cancer arthritis dementia obesity

We don't appreciate that with this extra age comes responsibility
GrandMedic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Education should take the blame. We are living longer but what comes with this is..... cancer arthritis dementia obesity

We don't appreciate that with this extra age comes responsibility
So your view is that people shouldn't be living longer because it means more responsibility?

"but what comes with this is..... cancer arthritis dementia obesity"

Everyone has to die someday. It used to be due to a poor lifestyle/diseases which couldn't be prevented. Now people are living longer due to a better lifestyle and ability to prevent/cure a lot of diseases but still dying from certain diseases. This has not changed so your point is illogical.

Before "blame" is assigned, you need to assess whether living longer is actually a failure like you are inferring.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.52%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (355)
29.29%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.68%

Watched Threads