The Student Room Group

Virgil Van Dijk signs for Liverpool

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by iodo345
Disagree with Liverpool not being a fake club as apart from those who are from Liverpool or around that area the rest of the people I know or have met who support Liverpool have never even been to Anfield or know anything of their history and complain after they have lost one game so most of them are glory supporters.

Rising transfer fees and players wages and ticket prices are sickening especially in this economy when people don't have huge amount of income.

The divide in football between the Premier League and top clubs in the Championship and league one and two is only going to get worse.

Won't be long until they start playing games in China and expecting fans to pay thousands of pounds to attend.

So essentially almost every professional football club is ‘fake’ according to your nonsense :rolleyes: bore off with your ‘real fans’ ********.

The money in the game is justified in the sense that people want entertainment and are entertained by football. They spend their money on that which entertains them.

There is more money and disgusting practices in many other entertainment industries, so go and bore some people about them instead.
Original post by Zerforax
I guess the only thing is that Messi is 30 (turns 31 by the end of the season)?

Messi 4 or 5 years ago would've been worth £300mil+ surely?

Otherwise I guess he's worth his release clause since no way Barcelona will let him go otherwise.

Players are worth what people are willing to pay. Neymar was exceptional because he was bought by Qatar as a political statement and less so on back of his footballing ability. In those circumstances the right players value could skyrocket. Ronaldo and Messi arent getting any younger. Nobody except a state would be able to afford them. At some stage they arent worth it. I hope someone new wins ballon dor next year unless ofc either of them does soemthing to own the World Cup.
75 mil That's a lot!
Thought City might swoop in but I guess now they can focus on nabbing Jonny Evans. I don't think he'll stay at West Brom.
75 million though omg :lolwut:
Reply 43
Original post by boodledoodle123
75 mil That's a lot!
Thought City might swoop in but I guess now they can focus on nabbing Jonny Evans. I don't think he'll stay at West Brom.
75 million though omg :lolwut:

It’s not even that much.

It’s all relative.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
So essentially almost every professional football club is ‘fake’ according to your nonsense :rolleyes: bore off with your ‘real fans’ ********.

The money in the game is justified in the sense that people want entertainment and are entertained by football. They spend their money on that which entertains them.

There is more money and disgusting practices in many other entertainment industries, so go and bore some people about them instead.

Just waiting for butthurt Liverpool fans to respond.

Go to Tranmere Rovers to see what is happening to football and see what actual football football fans who aren't glory supporters have to put up with.

It would pull your head from the clouds and I won't be the only one laughing at your response saying "the money in the game is justified" LOL.
2 ways of seeing this

1) LFC have signed an excellent CB who will improve them
2) 75m is too much, even in this market. Seems like quite a lazy transfer in that respect.

With Keita coming in you'd probably say LFC are only a GK and maybe another CB away from a title challenge so fair play.
Reply 46
Original post by Zürich
2 ways of seeing this

1) LFC have signed an excellent CB who will improve them
2) 75m is too much, even in this market. Seems like quite a lazy transfer in that respect.

With Keita coming in you'd probably say LFC are only a GK and maybe another CB away from a title challenge so fair play.

Wow. It’s Zurich himself.

Yeah and I agree with you. Nothing else to say. Only thing is that they’re probably losing Coutinho and Can.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by SGHD26716
Wow. It’s Zurich himself.

Yeah and I agree with you. Nothing else to say. Only thing is that they’re probably losing Coutinho and Can.

Both replaceable and nothing special.

They have really just needed a spine for years, much like us. Except they're putting serious money into addressing it unlike us.
Reply 48
Original post by James.Carnell
Both replaceable and nothing special.

They have really just needed a spine for years, much like us. Except they're putting serious money into addressing it unlike us.

Of course replaceable. My point was simply that they need to replace them.

Arsenal are doomed. It’s gotten so bad there you shouldn’t even be loading your last save, just restart career mode.
Of course replaceable. My point was simply that they need to replace them.

Arsenal are doomed. It’s gotten so bad there you shouldn’t even be loading your last save, just restart career mode.

We need Jesus.
Reply 50
We need Jesus.

Na mate. You need someone who’ll be there the whole season.

Jesus is another Fàbregas - goes missing after Christmas, which is when you collapse, and doesn’t show up again until March/April by which point you’re desperately trying to get 4th.

Unbelievable just 10 years ago you should’ve won 2007-08 PL. Good team that.
Na mate. You need someone who’ll be there the whole season.

Jesus is another Fàbregas - goes missing after Christmas, which is when you collapse, and doesn’t show up again until March/April by which point you’re desperately trying to get 4th.

Unbelievable just 10 years ago you should’ve won 2007-08 PL. Good team that.

Dead fam.

Reply 52
Dead fam.

Tbh I just realised it doesn’t make any sense. Jesus came around on Christmas Day, not disappeared.

But then you didn’t realise either.

Strong biblical knowledge.
It’s been officially confirmed. £75 million is the transfer fee.

Jurgen Klopp a few months ago:

“Other clubs can go out and spend money, and collect top players. I want to do it differently, I would even do it differently if I could spend that money”

Thoughts?

Overpriced but who isn't in today's market. These days it is more of a matter of 'at least we got the player' for the wealthy clubs,would rather that than not improving the defence. Liverpool fans will be happier than Arsenal fans for instance that tbey actually have a CB addition
Tbh I just realised it doesn’t make any sense. Jesus came around on Christmas Day, not disappeared.

But then you didn’t realise either.

Strong biblical knowledge.

2017 Jesus:

Reply 55

2017 Jesus:

All he/she/?? needs to do is ‘touch you’ to ‘cure you’.
The next time Liverpool fans mock Man United over how much they paid for Pogba.....
Reply 57
Original post by Rock Fan
The next time Liverpool fans mock Man United over how much they paid for Pogba.....

Na Liverpool fans will probably say that they didn’t sell Van Dijk only to buy him back. Plus that was before Neymar.
Reply 58
Mannn i'd love to have £75mill , but yeah good but expensive signing for them despite the hypocrisy of it. This kind of thing happens alot in football though remember when Real Madrid said they had no interest in signing Beckham and a few months later they offered him a 4 year contract?. It's all part of the game.
(edited 6 years ago)
Liverpool should do everything to ensure Can stays even if it means giving him £200k a week.

Coutinho will defo leave but Liverpool should sell him in the summer.

I hope they get Goretzka even if it means paying 20m in Jan.

Goretzka and Van Djik could help Liverpool do well in UCL

Quick Reply

Latest