The Student Room Group

Cannot get over my ex-girlfriend!

We have been apart for over 18 months now and the breakup was messy (ended up with me being heartbroken during my revision and exam period, having an enormous impact on my grades and confidence). Time has certainly healed the heartbreak but I still think about her so much? I have done the usual spend plenty of time with friends, join a gym etc etc...but every time I meet a girl I compare them to her in terms of the times we spent and looks and its driving me insane! I have frequent dreams that we are still together, and reminisce daily.

She is with someone new now, and we talk occasionally but it is always very painful, more so for me and always leaves me feeling dreadful for a couple of weeks. She is such a different person to how she was when we were together, and not in a good way which only makes it worse.

I have tried focusing on myself, fitness wise and academically and I haven't had a girlfriend since and I am doing well but I can't stop thinking about her and the times we had. Does anyone else have any experience of this?!

Thank you!!
Meet new people, mate. And stop texting her as often as you do now.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
We have been apart for over 18 months now and the breakup was messy (ended up with me being heartbroken during my revision and exam period, having an enormous impact on my grades and confidence). Time has certainly healed the heartbreak but I still think about her so much? I have done the usual spend plenty of time with friends, join a gym etc etc...but every time I meet a girl I compare them to her in terms of the times we spent and looks and its driving me insane! I have frequent dreams that we are still together, and reminisce daily.

She is with someone new now, and we talk occasionally but it is always very painful, more so for me and always leaves me feeling dreadful for a couple of weeks. She is such a different person to how she was when we were together, and not in a good way which only makes it worse.

I have tried focusing on myself, fitness wise and academically and I haven't had a girlfriend since and I am doing well but I can't stop thinking about her and the times we had. Does anyone else have any experience of this?!

Thank you!!

A friend of mine was in a similar situation, I helped him through it! Took a while, but we got there! Feel free to pm me to talk it through.
I lived same things it has been 21 months when we broke up. Im related fine after 14th months from broke up. I guess you are introvert person, you made her your first priority if there is a selection and you let her to enter your world and you built your world on her. Then she left you and your world did apart. You were like a satellite which its orbit is round her. But now there is a chance to take your life back and build it again by yourself! Dont waste this. You will realize everything by the time. You will have the power, do not talk her again this most important part. Give up your heart left broken let that pass on. Dont worry about your GPA. You were not matched up you know that is nice. She didnt love you in the end think like this. And set yourself free. Do smthng as a hobby. Its time to go on your way for you. Of course find someone you dont have to love just be with someone. Note:My GPA was 3.47/4.00 before broke up now its 1.88 but im gonna take care of it and know this mental health>grades.
Take care, break the chain!
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending