The Student Room Group

High Achievers Awards

Does AS level grades count for this award or is it just A2. Say what if a student receives a low A grade in AS in for example Biology. But this specific student got full marks in Biology in A2 or maybe a VERY high A which would round off to around a 97 percent. Will his/her results be considered? Or will they add up the AS marks as well?
Original post by Nushu
Does AS level grades count for this award or is it just A2. Say what if a student receives a low A grade in AS in for example Biology. But this specific student got full marks in Biology in A2 or maybe a VERY high A which would round off to around a 97 percent. Will his/her results be considered? Or will they add up the AS marks as well?

Assuming this is something that is awarded within your school/college (i.e. is not regional or nationwide), then you will have to ask them to get a definite answer, as different places will work things differently. I would assume that any reformed A levels where only A2 counts would only count the A2, as that is the only external exam.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Labrador99
Assuming this is something that is awarded within your school/college (i.e. is not regional or nationwide), then you will have to ask them to get a definite answer, as different places will work things differently. I would assume that any reformed A levels where only A2 counts would only count the A2, as that is the only external exam.

Hope this helps :smile:

Yes thank you this helps. Do you know how its like for the edexcel brilliance awards then ? Would that be both A2 and As
Original post by Nushu
Yes thank you this helps. Do you know how its like for the edexcel brilliance awards then ? Would that be both A2 and As

No problem. :smile: No idea, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest