Traore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My A-Levels currently: psychology, sociology and biology.

I'll rule out biology completely, no idea why I picked it.

Sociology isn't something I want to pursue further either.

Psychology is interesting but I've really enjoyed my EPQ about serial killers and was thinking about something to do with crime.

I'm so lost.
rainbowdragon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you enjoy psychology and the crime side of it then maybe Criminology or a joint honours criminology/psychology would be best for you.
niska
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yeah forensic psychology could be good for you
madmadmax321
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Traore)
My A-Levels currently: psychology, sociology and biology.

I'll rule out biology completely, no idea why I picked it.

Sociology isn't something I want to pursue further either.

Psychology is interesting but I've really enjoyed my EPQ about serial killers and was thinking about something to do with crime.

I'm so lost.
Any idea what you want to do for a career? if not then I would look into that first, no point in picking a degree subject imo (especially a non-vocational one) without have some idea of the job sector you want to work in, you dont want to get halfway through a degree then think '**** I want to be 'insert job here'' and cant because you dont have the right qualifications
Traore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by madmadmax321)
Any idea what you want to do for a career? if not then I would look into that first, no point in picking a degree subject imo (especially a non-vocational one) without have some idea of the job sector you want to work in, you dont want to get halfway through a degree then think '**** I want to be 'insert job here'' and cant because you dont have the right qualifications
Unfortunately I have no idea.
madmadmax321
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Traore)
Unfortunately I have no idea.
Have a look at lots then? read blogs, youtube vids and articles on various careers and see which ones you like the sound of. If you have a loose idea of what you can study at uni (say psychology, criminology etc) look at what careers that leads to for most grads and look at those careers to see if you like the sound of any of them

It is important that you enjoy what you study but also remember a degree is for 3 years, a working life is for 45 so make sure that you can get into a job sector you think you want to be in

Also you dont have to do to uni, there are plenty of apprenticeships etc out there (both degree level and not) in many different sectors from finance to engineering to consulting to software dev etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?