Bengali girl with chill parents, ask me anything

Watch
Sarahalishajahan
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Just a polite clarification, but tbh aren't real bengalis Hindus not neccasarily from Bdesh but India and practising the bengali cultures and that. How are Bdesh muslim bengalis diff but bengalis I don't get it :/
She’s clearly not a real Bengali. She’s Bangladeshi. Yes you are right the real Bengalis are from India and are therefore Indian nationals of Bengali ethnicity, the majority of West Bengalis (from Calcutta) are Hindus, there are other religions but to a much lesser extent.
browngal
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by JDieMstr)
Ah I see. So...which part of BD are ye from? Sylhet?Dhaka?
Dhaka
browngal
Rep:
?
Just a polite clarification, but tbh aren't real bengalis Hindus not neccasarily from Bdesh but India and practising the bengali cultures and that. How are Bdesh muslim bengalis diff but bengalis I don't get it :/
Can you please rephrase that sorry I didn’t understand
browngal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sarahalishajahan)
She’s clearly not a real Bengali. She’s Bangladeshi. Yes you are right the real Bengalis are from India and are therefore Indian nationals of Bengali ethnicity, the majority of West Bengalis (from Calcutta) are Hindus, there are other religions but to a much lesser extent.
Yes you are correct I am Bangladeshi (I am from Bangladesh). I didn’t realise there’s a different meaning to Bengali because most people say Bengali although they are from Bangladesh
ChallengeLover
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sarahalishajahan)
I always thought that what is now Bangladesh was part Bengal before the partition. .. Guess my dodgy history knowledge has failed me.
browngal
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChallengeLover)
I always thought that what is now Bangladesh was part Bengal before the partition. .. Guess my dodgy history knowledge has failed me.
I think you’re correct actually
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
True, but after Bangladesh became independent, the group of people who moved there began to be called Bangladeshis and the ones staying on the Indian side became Bengalis..primarily also because of their language while Bangladeshis have a different dialect.

Its like comparing a English guy from London with someone from the East-End or having a Cockney accent— don’t think they would like it
ChallengeLover
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by browngal)
I think you’re correct actually
Question- Have you ever had the classical "fish" joke fired at you and if so, how annoying is it? (I always get the curry one for being Pakistani and it's lovely to know that some people think I'm worth the £10 they pay for a spiceless curry at their unless Bob's takeaway)
ChallengeLover
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
True, but after Bangladesh became independent, the group of people who moved there began to be called Bangladeshis and the ones staying on the Indian side became Bengalis..primarily also because of their language while Bangladeshis have a different dialect.

Its like comparing a English guy from London with someone from the East-End or having a Cockney accent— don’t think they would like it
Ooooh I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me
browngal
Rep:
?
Question- Have you ever had the classical "fish" joke fired at you and if so, how annoying is it? (I always get the curry one for being Pakistani and it's lovely to know that some people think I'm worth the £10 they pay for a spiceless curry at their unless Bob's takeaway)
Nope never had someone say the fish joke to me but I have heard of it
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let me guess you’re into white guys?
ChallengeLover
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by browngal)
Nope never had someone say the fish joke to me but I have heard of it
A very rare circumstance for someone to have not had that joke used against them. Lucky you...
browngal
Rep:
?
A very rare circumstance for someone to have not had that joke used against them. Lucky you...
Yeah but it’s probably because there’s a few of us where I live so it’s hard to make fun of a whole group
browngal
Rep:
?
(Original post by FloralLuxe)
Let me guess you’re into white guys?
Into both brown and white
Anonymous #4
Report 3 years ago
Rah that's mad, i'd love to have chill Bengali parents. You are living :eek:. Lol
gigi77774
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good for you I guess?
browngal
Rep:
?
Rah that's mad, i'd love to have chill Bengali parents. You are living :eek:. Lol
Ahaha, listening to other bengalis talk about their parents does make me grateful
Perfection Ace
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What made you leave Islam?
browngal
Rep:
?
(Original post by gigi77774)
Good for you I guess?
Thanks?
browngal
Rep:
?
(Original post by Perfection Ace)
What made you leave Islam?
Never practiced it and it never interested me so I thought it’s better to leave it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (466)
51.43%
No (440)
48.57%

Watched Threads