Cancelling an Important university interview... Watch

xximstrongerthanthatxx
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I recently had to cancel an interview at swansea university to do clinical physiology, a subject which needs an interview to get in!
This was because i had an exam that day, however its been 2 weeks since i sent off my letter requesting a new interview date and still not had a new one sent to me.
I'm getting slightly worried now! They wouldnt withdraw my application because i had to cancel would they? I did it in plenty of time also (mid december!)
Would it be acceptable to e-mail or ring up the admissions office and see whats going on, or should i wait it out??
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did you ask to cancel (the word you've used above) or to postpone/rearrange? Cancellation implies permanence; the others don't. It is certainly OK to telephone them and see if the new date is available and clarify that you still want to go.
kjstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i had to do the same on a subject also tht needs interviewing...they were quite happy to cancel tht interview and give me a new date...she gave me a date and sed she would send on a letter. i think you shold email them it can t hurt and tht way you will get your answer. it shouldnt ahve an effect on withdrawing your application as they obv want you to be able to pass your exams to go to ther uni lol

just ring them or email!
xximstrongerthanthatxx
I rang up to tell them i couldnt do that date due to an interview, then later sent off the letter saying i request a new interview date..thats what the woman told me to do!!!

I shall e-mail them
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by annaedwards1989)
I rang up to tell them i couldnt do that date due to an interview, then later sent off the letter saying i request a new interview date..thats what the woman told me to do!!!

I shall e-mail them
ring, ringing gets answers
xximstrongerthanthatxx
I'm not a phone person, I speak really quickly, PLUS last time i rang they spoke in a really heavy welsh accent, v.hard to understand lol
mtbab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by annaedwards1989)
I'm not a phone person, I speak really quickly, PLUS last time i rang they spoke in a really heavy welsh accent, v.hard to understand lol
haha u know if you go to swansea you'll have a fair few welsh lecturers with accents haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads