The Student Room Group

I’m scared of what’s my boyfriend is going to think

Hey, i’m a 16 year old girl that lives in a small flat, the flat only has one bedroom , which means that i have to share it with my mom. ( One problem that I have is that I overthink too much ). Today I asked my mum if i could go to the cinema with my boyfriend ( she doesn’t know about him , so pls don’t start criticising me , so i just told her that it’s a guy friend from school, my bf is from my school ) , but she said that she wants to meet him and that he has to pick me up at my house , but the thing is: I’m scared of what he’s going to think of my house ( because you have to go through some alley way to get to my house and it doesn’t look good ) and idk what to do , because i’m scared of what he’s going to think of my house but I really want to go cinema with him
If he’s really into you then he won’t care where you live. If he judges you for it then you don’t need him and can get someone way better.

It’s better to let your mum see him and tell her the truth then she’s less likely to be angry with you when she inevitably finds out about it. It’s soooo much better to have parents on your side in these situations, trust me.
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, i’m a 16 year old girl that lives in a small flat, the flat only has one bedroom , which means that i have to share it with my mom. ( One problem that I have is that I overthink too much ). Today I asked my mum if i could go to the cinema with my boyfriend ( she doesn’t know about him , so pls don’t start criticising me , so i just told her that it’s a guy friend from school, my bf is from my school ) , but she said that she wants to meet him and that he has to pick me up at my house , but the thing is: I’m scared of what he’s going to think of my house ( because you have to go through some alley way to get to my house and it doesn’t look good ) and idk what to do , because i’m scared of what he’s going to think of my house but I really want to go cinema with him

Just say that you're not that rich when you're taking him in or around the time of him coming.
He probably won't care though I've been to people's houses from dodgy alleyways and one of them even made me feel uncomfortable but I wouldn't judge the person because they don't choose where they live and might not have the money to live somewhere better.
Don't be silly, if he likes you he won't care about where you live.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending