The Student Room Group

Uni Tuition fees enquiry

If my parents will pay my tuition fees, do they need to pay it all in one go? So if I start University in, let's say, October, do they need pay the full £9250 then or can it be done in installements or perhaps even at the end of the year? I am not very sure how this works so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
If my parents will pay my tuition fees, do they need to pay it all in one go? So if I start University in, let's say, October, do they need pay the full £9250 then or can it be done in installements or perhaps even at the end of the year? I am not very sure how this works so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

They won't gain much by doing so if you re eligible for loans , it d make more sense they give you it for living costs but generally you can pay it in three payments.
Original post by claireestelle
They won't gain much by doing so if you re eligible for loans , it d make more sense they give you it for living costs but generally you can pay it in three payments.

What do you mean? Sorry, I don't really understand your repsonse ahh
What claireestelle means is if you are a UK national and can take out the loan to cover your fees that would be the more sensible choice. Then you could use the money from your family for living costs. If you're not eligible then your family can pay the £9250 in 3 payments.
Original post by FutureHistorian
What claireestelle means is if you are a UK national and can take out the loan to cover your fees that would be the more sensible choice. Then you could use the money from your family for living costs. If you're not eligible then your family can pay the £9250 in 3 payments.

Ahhh, I see. I am a UK national and I am able to take out loans, however, my parents will pay my tuition fees regardless of this. I cannot really find much info online about the whole process if tuition fees are being privately financed.

EDIT: Just read the 3 payments bit, do you know where I can find more info on this? Thanks in advance.
Ahhh, I see. I am a UK national and I am able to take out loans, however, my parents will pay my tuition fees regardless of this. I cannot really find much info online about the whole process if tuition fees are being privately financed.

EDIT: Just read the 3 payments bit, do you know where I can find more info on this? Thanks in advance.

What university will you be going to?

Would you not want them to give it to you as a lump sum say for a house deposit in the future, it d be much more useful to you that way? The universities own website should tell you how they accept tution payments.

Quick Reply

Latest