Big Four Apprenticeship vs Business Management BSC

Watch
(Yagami Light)
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys! So I'm in the fortunate position to choose whether I would like to go to Uni or take an apprenticeship at a big four firm. I've gotten two offers from two different Big Four apprenticeship schemes and I've got 4 Russel group offers from Unis (like Manchester and City,Cass Business school). I want to ask you guys what would you choose in my position and why? I'm currently really intrigued by the apprenticeship scheme as I will be able to earn a salary (21k starting and it goes up very quickly!) whilst working towards a ACA whereas in Uni I would be going in debt. I defiently agree with the idea that University is the way forward if I was taking a more challenging subject (Medicine, STEM, Economics) but since I'm only taking a BM BSC I'm having second thoughts. Any help is appreciated!
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by (Yagami Light))
Hi guys! So I'm in the fortunate position to choose whether I would like to go to Uni or take an apprenticeship at a big four firm. I've gotten two offers from two different Big Four apprenticeship schemes and I've got 4 Russel group offers from Unis (like Manchester and City,Cass Business school). I want to ask you guys what would you choose in my position and why? I'm currently really intrigued by the apprenticeship scheme as I will be able to earn a salary (21k starting and it goes up very quickly!) whilst working towards a ACA whereas in Uni I would be going in debt. I defiently agree with the idea that University is the way forward if I was taking a more challenging subject (Medicine, STEM, Economics) but since I'm only taking a BM BSC I'm having second thoughts. Any help is appreciated!
I was in the same position as you this year but it was for a top 10 global management consultancy firm and I had an offer to study Computer Science at Kent University, though I ended up choosing the apprenticeship because:
> No student debt
> You will earn a high salary at a young age (Able to save up for things such as a home etc.)
> You will be able to build your career at a faster rate
> It isn't guaranteed at the end of your degree that you will get a job + The job market is unpredictable and competitive nowadays, everyone has a degree and many graduates are unemployed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (72)
67.29%
I don't have everything I need (35)
32.71%

Watched Threads