The Student Room Group

Do people normally remain sexually attracted to exes?

I have 3 exes and I'm not sexually attracted to any of them anymore. The thought of having sex with them is really weird. 2 ended with me and I ended with 1 of them. All 3 ended fine with no cheating etc.

I know this isn't really an issue but I hear of quite a lot of people sleeping with their exes after breaking up. So I was just wondering how normal it is to still be sexually attracted. Or if people do it because it's more of a comfort and familiarity thing.

One of my exes wants to give things another go, and after breaking my heart this is of course music to my ears. But I have no interest in being sexual with him, I just miss him.
Original post by Anonymous
I have 3 exes and I'm not sexually attracted to any of them anymore. The thought of having sex with them is really weird. 2 ended with me and I ended with 1 of them. All 3 ended fine with no cheating etc.

I know this isn't really an issue but I hear of quite a lot of people sleeping with their exes after breaking up. So I was just wondering how normal it is to still be sexually attracted. Or if people do it because it's more of a comfort and familiarity thing.

One of my exes wants to give things another go, and after breaking my heart this is of course music to my ears. But I have no interest in being sexual with him, I just miss him.

Some people don't quite get over it and the feelings come back when one messages out of the blue or they meet up or something or they're otherwise going through a difficult time in life and need that escape.

Me, I used to but not anymore because I know it's too messy.
Reply 2
I guess since break up are frequently one sided sexual and emotional attraction quite often lingers. With a bit of time and distance bitterness may take over which isn't a particularly sexually stimulating emotion. Mind you, despite this, I still think one of my exes has a particularly fine arse.
(edited 6 years ago)
I have an ex-husband if that counts. I am not in the least still sexually attracted to him still. In fact, I am eagerly waiting for him to die so that I can go to his funeral - 1. to make sure they bury him and 2 to dance on his grave.
Ive upgraded every time, so no
I’m not sexually attracted to any of my exes. I don’t tend to remain attracted to them unless I’m not over them.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending