Headlight bulbs question Watch

networkingNut
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Are Philips Blue vision bulbs illiegal as I have ordered a pair of vision plus but the shop sent me blue vision instead saying they are a better bulb?

I always thought blue headlight bulbs are illiegal?

Thanks
nN
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its a grey area. It depends on the shade of blue. The rozzers are starting to take an interest in these.
networkingNut
Rep:
?
I'll send em back and get them changed for the vision plus. I thought it was a grey area. Not risking it
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
they say off road use only on them but they have a stamp thingy on them. its confusing.
jaw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I know the HID bulbs with a tint of blue (3000k..?) are legal, but like others have said, its one of those areas.. the blue sidelights are ones that tend to draw more trouble from the police though as far as I know..
JC.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
^ it was those I was thinking of actually.
You need to fit a self leveling system or self leveling suspension in order to retro-fit them to a car though.
I've been toying with using them on the B. But, at upwards of £300... I could proberbly spend the money better!
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
^ it was those I was thinking of actually.
You need to fit a self leveling system or self leveling suspension in order to retro-fit them to a car though.
I've been toying with using them on the B. But, at upwards of £300... I could proberbly spend the money better!
yeah, I absolutely hate retrofitted hid's though, unless they've made a proper job of it - nothing like an old beemer scoring your retina's out when late night driving!

that said, they're bright enough when they ARE done properly of from factory :laugh:
networkingNut
Rep:
?
I have looked at the bulb and they are marked E1,which I think means they are road legal in europe?

nN
jaw
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think they'll be fine personally, the only time you'll really get trouble is if you come across a policeman who thinks he knows the law more than he does, and is in a bad mood..I dont think they'll be a problem (but dont quote me on that )
dh00001
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
ive actually just looked in my garage and those are the bulbs i use. never had a problem. as said its normally only the led sidelight things that get done, only takes one with a stick up his arse though.
JC.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sure w/e you use they will be better than the candles I have to put up with!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads