The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

starting 20/21 worried

I left school at 16. Took a gap year and focused on football as it was my dream. Due to my injury, I was forced into education. I started education at 17 done a Creative Media Level 2 Course which was one year and then now onto the Creative Media Level 3 Course which is extended. Therefore it is a 2 years course. I will be 20 until the end of December when I start university, I then will be 21.

I've been a bit concerned.

What advice would you give?
Original post by Am18111
I left school at 16. Took a gap year and focused on football as it was my dream. Due to my injury, I was forced into education. I started education at 17 done a Creative Media Level 2 Course which was one year and then now onto the Creative Media Level 3 Course which is extended. Therefore it is a 2 years course. I will be 20 until the end of December when I start university, I then will be 21.

I've been a bit concerned.

What advice would you give?

Why would you be concerned? You will be a year or two older than others, but nobody will notice. People start uni in their 20s,30s,40s,50s and 60s.

Go to the best uni you can and find the best course available. Just get good grades now and at uni. Check you know what use will be for you at the end.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
No one will really care about how old you are when you start uni, more concerned about making friends!

I will be 19 when I start uni and will then turn 20, as I stayed at college for an extra year. No one in my classes at college know I'm a year older!
What are you concerned about? I'm also doing a Creative Media Level 3 and will be 26 when I start uni next year. People take various different pathways in life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending