Biology
Chemistry
Maths
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thousands of people manage to do those A levels every year.

Whether you find them tough will depend on your natural aptitude for the subjects and your willingness to work hard.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you hate those subjects, yes. Otherwise, not necessarily...it's a common combination, and many people get good grades with it. "Difficulty" is relative to each person and it's meaningless to try and ask about someone else's experiences, as some people will always struggle with some subject while others will find it extremely easy (this is often the case with maths).

As long as you like those subjects, and are ready to put in the necessary work, it's fine.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by RN_79J)
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
As had been said, it depends. If you enjoy the subjects, have a solid understanding of the GCSE material, and are organised and work hard, you shouldn't have any problems. Many people take-off academically with their 'A' levels - it's really nice to be able to focus only on subjects that you enjoy IMO. Have fun.
Lilsthebest
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you like the subjects and are willing to try hard, then no, it won't be as tough as you probably expect. It depends on your ability in those subjects to do really well.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're good at one science, you're generally good at another. If you got decent grades at GCSE (A*/A) and are willing to put the effort in, you'll be fine.
omarathon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They're fine
Natasha_Faye
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do all three and am in Year 13. I really enjoy doing these a-levels and don’t find them extremely difficult. It is challenging at times and hard work but it’s definitely do-able. I would say only do this combo if you got A/A* at GCSE though. As others have said, it’s all relative to you. I love science and maths and so I don’t mind doing extra work and revising which makes the subjects a lot easier. If I was doing art, for example, I would hate it and would find it so much more difficult because I’m not interested in the subject.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Texxers
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah they're fine. I do the same but Physics instead Biology and it's not IMPOSSIBLE. But it is challenging.
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths - If you are on top of your work and have done all the past papers since 2005 then there's no reason why you should get less than an A grade.

Biology - A lot of content and you will find the application of your knowledge really challenging. The grade boundaries are extremely low for these exams, so don't be frightened when you see yourself getting less than 70% every single time.

Chemistry - More about key terminology and practice. There are a tonne of revision resources online so there's no reason to do very poorly in this subject provided you try hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Guardian Offices, Kings Cross, London Postgraduate
    Mon, 2 Sep '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%