The Student Room Group

Loan Payments

Hi there,

My second post grad loan payment is due on the 30th Jan 2018 according to the SFE website. My term starts on the 8th though, can you tell me why it's so long after my term start? Can i change this?

Thank you
Hi sbsx,

Postgraduate Loan (PGL) payments schedule based on when your course starts. If you are an August or September start then your 2nd payment is scheduled for the last Wednesday in January and the third instalment for the last Wednesday in April.

Universities are aware that PGL is paid in three instalments per academic year, therefore they may be able to review the payment dates for the course fees and keep these in line with the payments you receive from us. They may also be able to offer other support and advice on what support is available to you.

If you still needed an earlier payment we will need the following:-

- a completed financial hardship form (you need to request this from us)
- 3 months bank statements (all accounts in your name).
- evidence of any obligations that you are liable to pay (tenancy agreement, utility bills etc).
- copies of any debt/arrears letters you may have.
- written evidence that you have approached your university and the advice/help received.
- to know how you planned to support yourself i.e. how you planned on meeting your living and course costs before you began your studies.
- to know why you are facing financial hardship at the moment, and what plans you have to manage this.

If paying the course fees to the University was likely to be difficult from the outset of your studies, this would not be classed as an unforeseen change in your circumstances so we may not be able to help.

If you want a financial hardship form to be sent out you would need to call the PGL line on 0300 100 0031 (Normal opening hours are Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm but we are closed from 1pm today until we reopen at 8.00am on 2 January). Forms will be issued by email within 10 working days.

Form and evidence can be returned via email to [email protected] or to the following address:-

Postgraduate Loans
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

The PGL team will email you on receipt of your form and evidence. The email will advise you to allow 5 working days for the form and evidence to be reviewed. However please be aware that this is currently taking them up to 10 working days due to the high volume of requests received.

If your payment falls within the 10 working day processing timescale then the PGL team will be unable to bring it forward.

Thanks

Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending