How do you Revise?

Watch this thread
Joel TJ
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm trying to find as many different ways possible to revise to try and make it more interesting, please leave your method below!
TrumpetCrumpet
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I usually make colourful mind maps linking similar content together. Then what I have been doing is trying to replicate the same mind map from memory. Que cards are also great, don't put them down until you have learn what is on them! Then practicing exam questions, even if it's just making essay plans thinking about how you will answer a variety of different questions.
username3692758
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
- Flashcards.
- Look, cover, write, check.
- Questions.
Nana_
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I try to make my notes colourful and organised. Flash card help as well.

Also, lately for my exams I tend to type notes in Word all from memory, or write the answers to past papers in word whilst saying each word out loud. It has really helped me remember my notes and understand it better. But most of all, make sure your notes are organised.
ada_786
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Exams are now based on understanding, if you understand the content or not. Memorising is now not a option as understanding over rules it in the exam. The best way to revise with understanding is to repeat what you have done several times, so that it is memorised but memorised with understanding.
Toy Soldiers
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
If you're into methods similar to flashcards, have you tried looking into Quizlet and Memrise? Those apps have aided my revision during GCSEs and A-Levels.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (37)
26.24%
As I expected (46)
32.62%
Harder (51)
36.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads