The Student Room Group

should i take this seriously am I been played?

so as some of you may or may not know I have been dating a girl with heavy depression possibly bipolar recently.

she used to message me all the time and want to talk to me all the time but over the past few weeks she has been very difficult. she now logs onto whats app and does not even read my message quite often and will text me like once a day or once every other day. she still logs onto whats app.

I know as a fact she has been very very depressed recently critiquing her self worth and significantly depressed over her medical condition.

most of the time people would tell me in this spot that she is likely talking to other guys and seeing other guys and just stringing me along.

However I do wonder if this is actually the case or if this is somehow related to her depression? and if she may not be seeing anyone else?

so I am wondering is there a chance that this girl is legit and just very depressed and wanting her space at the moment or should i conclude she is almost certainly seeing other guys whilst putting me on the back burner and next her?
If she has been diagnosed then she won't be lying to you. Depression can quite easily take away the energy from someone. Just because she logs on doesn't mean she's messaging anyone. She might just be flicking through, and then she might reply in the few moments where she has the willpower to do so. I doubt she'll even be talking to other guys. That requires energy. If the above is true, you'll have to ask her yourself how much space she wants. She might like you to be supportive, even if she doesn't reply, a short message can do wonders to put a break in negative thoughts.
Reply 2
Sometimes you log on and just stare at the same screen wondering why you even bothered to turn the wifi connection on in the first place. I sincerely doubt that she is blagging you.
Reply 3
Original post by xEmilyxx
If she has been diagnosed then she won't be lying to you. Depression can quite easily take away the energy from someone. Just because she logs on doesn't mean she's messaging anyone. She might just be flicking through, and then she might reply in the few moments where she has the willpower to do so. I doubt she'll even be talking to other guys. That requires energy. If the above is true, you'll have to ask her yourself how much space she wants. She might like you to be supportive, even if she doesn't reply, a short message can do wonders to put a break in negative thoughts.

Original post by gjd800
Sometimes you log on and just stare at the same screen wondering why you even bothered to turn the wifi connection on in the first place. I sincerely doubt that she is blagging you.

ok thanks guys ill see what other people reply here to. I did speak to her on the phone two days ago and she seemed really depressed to such an extent i was actually worried she might have done something stupid when i noticed she wasnt online until 5pmish today.

if this is just genuine depression and isnt personal or her messing me about then i can stick around and make the effort but if she is playing me on the back burner i will have to walk away. I guess I will give her the benefit of the doubt for now.
Maybe she wants to be alone for a bit, I used to know someone with depression and he was very all over the place, he’d be on and off with me. Sometimes he wouldn’t talk for a while because he felt happier alone, but I think if it is genuine she’ll stick around too and she’ll make the effort too. Just see what happens over time, and if you still feel she is seeing guys, ask her just speak to her about it. I hope everything’s okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending