The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Hpat ulster 2018

Hi everyone,

Just wondering could anyone give me any tips on section 3 of the HPAT Ulster. I’m aware that the first 2 section are similar to HPAT Ireland but I’m unfamiliar with the style of writing or content required for the section 3.

Any bits of info would be appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

I'm doing the HPAT and feel like I know nothing at all - I'm so nervous! I've read that for section 3 it's more about expressing yourself through writing, rather than your grammar.

What are you doing to prepare for it? Are you going to any courses or anything?
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by etohill99
Hi!

I'm doing the HPAT and feel like I know nothing at all - I'm so nervous! I've read that for section 3 it's more about expressing yourself through writing, rather than your grammar.

What are you doing to prepare for it? Are you going to any courses or anything?

I’m actually doing a course in Dublin next week for the HPAT Ireland so I’m kind of counting on that to prepare me a bit, but apart from that doing questions from the practice tests and just reading in general.

Are you any courses or what are you doing to prepare? I’m nervous too!!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Ah right, they’re fairly similar from as far as I can tell - I’m sure you’ll be grand!!

I’m applying to do speech therapy but I’m not getting my hopes set up at all. The only thing I’m doing to prepare is practice tests since the courses are so expensive, but I really don’t think the practice tests are helping! 😫

What are you applying to?
Reply 4
Ah right, they’re fairly similar from as far as I can tell - I’m sure you’ll be grand!!

I’m applying to do speech therapy but I’m not getting my hopes set up at all. The only thing I’m doing to prepare is practice tests since the courses are so expensive, but I really don’t think the practice tests are helping! 😫

What are you applying to?

Occupational therapy and physiotherapy in Coleraine. I wish there were more resources online but there are hardly any for HPAT Ulster. Hard to know what it’ll turn out to be 🤷🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️
Original post by niamhb123
Occupational therapy and physiotherapy in Coleraine. I wish there were more resources online but there are hardly any for HPAT Ulster. Hard to know what it’ll turn out to be 🤷🏼*♀️🤷🏼*♀️

Aw I know, you have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for most resources 😭 Speech and language therapy is in Coleraine too, is that where you’re taking the test?
Reply 6
Aw I know, you have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for most resources 😭 Speech and language therapy is in Coleraine too, is that where you’re taking the test?

I asked for Magee in Derry, hopefully I get it. What center are you doing yous in? :smile:
I asked for Magee in Derry, hopefully I get it. What center are you doing yous in? :smile:

I’m sure you will! I’ll hopefully be doing it in Coleraine. Good luck! ☺️
Reply 8
I’m sure you will! I’ll hopefully be doing it in Coleraine. Good luck! ☺️

You too! Let me know how you get on with it ☺️☺️
You too! Let me know how you get on with it ☺️☺️

Do you know if there are many different practice questions for section 3? So far I only have the example off ACER but would love some more. There are a number of practice sections for sections 1 and 2 but I cant find many on section 3
What did you guys think of the test yesterday?
Original post by shannon1017
What did you guys think of the test yesterday?

Hard no doubt about it
I thought it was a lot better than the practice ones I had been doing, essays were on good topics too lots to write about
Its hard to say until we have the results I suppose we have to wait and see
What did ya apply for ??
Reply 14
I thought it was a lot better than the practice ones I had been doing, essays were on good topics too lots to write about

Yeah the visual stimulus essay about communication was so good and straight forward but I found myself rambling a bit in the next one. Some of the section 1 qs were hard :frown:
Not gonna get my hopes up because I know people come out thinking they done terrible and end up doing good and vice versa.. I’ve applied for Physio and Radiography
ive applied :smile:
Not gonna get my hopes up because I know people come out thinking they done terrible and end up doing good and vice versa.. I’ve applied for Physio and Radiography

Ya same I ain't getting my hopes up just yet as you just don't know what's going to happen. I've applied for physiotherapy
I thought section 1 was much worse than the other 2 sections. I’m not getting my hopes up at all.. I’m just so glad it’s over now 😂
Do you know how many others found it? I haven’t really heard from anyone else, would be interested in knowing what the majority thought

Quick Reply

Latest