The Student Room Group

Help!! What university do I select as my firm??

Hello,
I have received offers from Cardiff,Liverpool and Sheffield to study History and Politics. My offers from Sheffield and Liverpool are both ABB and my offer from Cardiff if I make them my firm choice is BBB. I don’t know what to do and wondered if anyone had an advice on which one to chose?

I also have an offer from Leicester(BBB) and an unconditional offer from Nottingham Trent.

My predictions are AAC.

Thanks!!
I would say Sheffield as the first choice????
Cardiff sounds good, really go with the one with the best campus/environment for you, apart from NTU, they really all should have the same career prospects.
Original post by ABK99
I would say Sheffield as the first choice????

Do you have any reasoning for this? Just wondering why
Original post by adamantacademic
Cardiff sounds good, really go with the one with the best campus/environment for you, apart from NTU, they really all should have the same career prospects.

The offer from Cardiff is incredible,especially for a Russell Group university. I haven’t been to see it. Do you know anything about it?
Original post by MemeKitchener
The offer from Cardiff is incredible,especially for a Russell Group university. I haven’t been to see it. Do you know anything about it?

I've never been to Wales, so I have no idea about it, but remember Cardiff is the major city so it's bound to be decent. Ik someone who studies Medicine there, they told me it's very well facilitated from sports grounds, clinics etc.
Original post by MemeKitchener
Hello,
I have received offers from Cardiff,Liverpool and Sheffield to study History and Politics. My offers from Sheffield and Liverpool are both ABB and my offer from Cardiff if I make them my firm choice is BBB. I don’t know what to do and wondered if anyone had an advice on which one to chose?

I also have an offer from Leicester(BBB) and an unconditional offer from Nottingham Trent.

My predictions are AAC.

Thanks!!

You’ve got months to decide. Use that time. Visit them all and ask to talk to current students (by email or phone).

You need to ignore the offer conditions when picking your firm. Your firm choice needs to be your favourite choice based on the course and the university in question. Pick the place you will be able to fulfill your potential.

Once you have picked your favourite decide whether you have any other offers that you would be HAPPY to go to. If any that you’re happy with have lower or equal conditions to your firm then they’ll make a good insurance. Even better if they have a good record of housing insurance students in halls. You don’t have to have an insurance choice though. It’s better to have no insurance than an insurance that you would not be happy attending.

Quick Reply

Latest