The Student Room Group

Booked driving test

My driving test is due in 4 weeks time. I only have 5 hours of lessons left to get ready for the test. How do I manage this? will 1 hour per week help? this includes the hour I spend at the test centre.
Reply 1
The question is are you competent / on track for this timing. If not, why not postpone. If yes, go for it..
Reply 2
I feel like it's possible to pass yeah and I currently don't have any funds towards lessons so I guess this is it
Original post by wolto
My driving test is due in 4 weeks time. I only have 5 hours of lessons left to get ready for the test. How do I manage this? will 1 hour per week help? this includes the hour I spend at the test centre.

1 hr a week should be plenty. You shouldn't have anything new to learn, and the purpose of those lessons will be to keep your mind and your skills nice and fresh for the big day.

Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Blue_Cow
1 hr a week should be plenty. You shouldn't have anything new to learn, and the purpose of those lessons will be to keep your mind and your skills nice and fresh for the big day.

Good luck.

thanks that's what I wanted 🤗, I
would have done 34 hours by then and I feel ready.
Original post by wolto
thanks that's what I wanted 🤗, I
would have done 34 hours by then and I feel ready.

:biggrin:

Oh, and one more thing:

I know this might sound crazy (especially in the winter), but during your test, keep your window slightly open so you can hear cars and pedestrians. Will help a lot when doing the manoeuvres.
Original post by wolto

You may want to leave the last lessons for the last 1-2 weeks, so you can drive more often just before the exam. Otherwise, if you finish them early, you might not be as on it.

Edit: You could also do a 1 hour lesson just before the exam too (that's what I did)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by PredictableParadigmShift
You may want to leave the last lessons for the last 1-2 weeks, so you can drive more often just before the exam. Otherwise, if you finish them early, you might not be as on it.

Edit: You could also do a 1 hour lesson just before the exam too (that's what I did)

Yeah could so 1 hour lessons each week and the last week I can do a one hour before the test and one hour will go into the main test but if I have to get another hour to ensure I pass I would
Original post by Blue_Cow
:biggrin:

Oh, and one more thing:

I know this might sound crazy (especially in the winter), but during your test, keep your window slightly open so you can hear cars and pedestrians. Will help a lot when doing the manoeuvres.

My driving instructor told me this the morning of my second test, but I chose not to go along with it. I wont be driving in reality with the window down, and I would have felt a bit of a cheek to have passed doing it. But in the end it didnt matter. I passed.
Reply 9
Original post by xEmilyxx
My driving instructor told me this the morning of my second test, but I chose not to go along with it. I wont be driving in reality with the window down, and I would have felt a bit of a cheek to have passed doing it. But in the end it didnt matter. I passed.

how many lessons did you take?
Original post by wolto
how many lessons did you take?

Did 14 with my first instructor, then did about 6 with my second instructor. Took my first test and failed. Took another 5 just to nail my manouveres before my second test. I did about 40 hours private practice though, and that really boosted my confidence up enough and gave me chance to trial and error things without the pressure of having to do them perfectly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending