Medical school interviews

Watch this thread
Chemgenius00
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an interview coming up soon at a medical school is it just me that is freaking out nerves wise
usycool1
Badges: 19
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Probably note - everyone will be nervous.
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chemgenius00)
I have an interview coming up soon at a medical school is it just me that is freaking out nerves wise
which uni?
And don't worry - everyone's in the same boat. A little bit of nerves is a good thing
Chemgenius00
Rep:
(Original post by TheConfusedMedic)
which uni?
And don't worry - everyone's in the same boat. A little bit of nerves is a good thing
Ahh York at the moment it's like I've been revising for this more then my a levels 😂
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ahh York at the moment it's like I've been revising for this more then my a levels 😂
ah congrats on getting an interview! And yeah, I think everyone always tends to neglect A Levels when it comes to interviews (me included)
TracyEmu
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Congrats on receiving an interview. I had mine on the 7th and there's no need to be nervous. time flies by really quickly and the interview is not at all intense!
Just relax and try to enjoy the day as much as you can!
where else have you applied and have heard back from any yet?
Chemgenius00
Rep:
(Original post by TheConfusedMedic)
ah congrats on getting an interview! And yeah, I think everyone always tends to neglect A Levels when it comes to interviews (me included)
Thank god what have you been doing to prepare and thankyou !
Chemgenius00
Rep:
(Original post by TracyEmu)
Congrats on receiving an interview. I had mine on the 7th and there's no need to be nervous. time flies by really quickly and the interview is not at all intense!
Just relax and try to enjoy the day as much as you can!
where else have you applied and have heard back from any yet?
Ah that's a relief what did you use to prepare ? I've applied to Bristol and Southampton and Exeter ; rejected from Exeter and waiting for the rest , yourself ?
TracyEmu
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Ah that's a relief what did you use to prepare ? I've applied to Bristol and Southampton and Exeter ; rejected from Exeter and waiting for the rest , yourself ?
To prepare, I watched some random interview related YouTube videos and used the Medic Portal. I have had interview with HYMS, I'm having one with Keele on 12th January and I'm waiting for Liverpool and Bristol!

Good luck with your interview, I'm sure you'll be fine.
The Medic Portal
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi there!

Don't worry - everybody will be feeling exactly the same! We're sure you'll do brilliantly

The most important thing is practice! We have a few resources to help with this below (and don't forget our Interview Question Bank, which has over 100 questions and answers for each type of medical school interview question):

- 6 Admissions Tutor Medical School Interview Tips
- 8 Es for Medical School Interview Success

Hope this helps - good luck! Image
The Medic Portal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads