The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Kintesh
Star Wars has an answer for everything. Thanks for the great simile. :P

star wars is just so relevant to all My sons" is Jim Yode the broken man/ jedi? is Larry Obi-wan as he fights form the grave? is Ann princess Leia? and is Frank Chewey?
:smile: Good luck everyone!
Reply 82
how did everyone find it?
Reply 83
I did the question referring to George

Stated:
George is pitiable - appearance, lost things due to incident etc
BUT Jim is in similar situation - idealism vs reality
Chris has been mentally damaged from the war, George has only lost physical things
George has a job, but Ann is relying on Chris to give her a happy life, ergo, George's revenge is a bit selfish?
No way can Keller be sympathised with, lol
But mother can be seen to be pitiable, unlike 'Lady MacBeth' persona that people keep ranting on about

Concluded that mother was most sympathisable character

Thought it went OK, hope i do alright!!!

What did u guys write?
what the hell, fate and astrology? that's not a theme! go away AQA...

(having said that, I did the question, because I don't like George, either :P)
what the hell, fate and astrology? that's not a theme! go away AQA...

(having said that, I did the question, because I don't like George, either :P)
Reply 86
Hey i also did the george question.

4 Paragraphs for each character. I also talked about the stage directions in his entrance. 'paler man' shows he is emotionally torn blah blah blah. Then just went on to write about about George. I said the audience cannot feel sympathy for him as he is going to destroy his past

Then i talk about Chris blood money speech and what he has been through. At the end of act 2 i think he say 'what must i do' basically i said this creates a child like image of him, shows his lack of the worldly understanding of the american dream. Therefore he invites the most sympathy.

Then Joe, the apple tree represents Larry, but also him with the way it looses it's life. I said it foreshadows his later predicament. I said the tree is Anthro balb lah blah forgot the word :redface:. I said he plays a greek character containing a tragic flaw. Can't feel sorry for him, obviously

Then Kate blah blah uses her maternal instinct as a way of controlling George ' georgie' 'stroking his hair' blah blah. Then elaborated

Overall i know i haven't done as well as i should have and i tried really hard this year as well, oh well :redface:
Did the astrology one.

I mentioned The star of honesty representing idealism as opposed to practicality
'the odds are a million to one that a man wont die on his favourable day' gives kate the hope that she needs to cling on to Larry's existance as accepting his death would mean accepting the shop incident
I also linked fate to the tree falling down, Kate's dream and the letter in the end determines Keller's fate once and for all.

Only wrote about 2 and a bit pages so not sure if i've done well or not
I did the George one as well.. Thank god for the York Notes! it had pages and pages on him etc... but i only Wrote about him, and none of the other characters.....mentions chris and kate and keller casually, but not in detail...:s
How did people find the Chaucer?
Reply 90
I thought the All My Sons questions were really random.
Did fate and astrology as I still have no sympathy for any of the characters :p:
Probably the worst essay out of the three but it wasn't absolutely terrible.
Reply 91
DreamsComeTrue.
I did the George one as well.. Thank god for the York Notes! it had pages and pages on him etc... but i only Wrote about him, and none of the other characters.....mentions chris and kate and keller casually, but not in detail...:s

:ditto: That bloody saved me. That Fate and astrology one was bloody crazy, the most obsecure question ever, anywho i decided to do the George one.. Not enough A03 Though :frown:
Reply 92
DreamsComeTrue.
How did people find the Chaucer?

York notes again saved me, but i think i didn't do too well on it
I did the George question - except in exam induced blindness I read it as 'To what extent is george the character that invite most sympathy" - but I noticed that it wasn't about a third way through, so I think i managed to talk about the others enough.

Chaucer was an absolute babe of a question!
I did the does the Miller fit his story one and am pretty pleased.
Reply 94
[QUOTE='em[ily]']I did the George question - except in exam induced blindness I read it as 'To what extent is george the character that invite most sympathy" - but I noticed that it wasn't about a third way through, so I think i managed to talk about the others enough.

Chaucer was an absolute babe of a question!
I did the does the Miller fit his story one and am pretty pleased.
yeah the chaucer one was really open, i am suprised people chose the extract. :rolleyes:
Reply 95
the questions for all my sons were pretty random.
Lol I was quite pleased with the All My Sons questions. I went with the George one because I basically read the section it was on about last night, so I thought it'd all be fresh in my brain. And I didn't have a clue how to answer the other one :smile:
Reply 97
I thought I did okay in the George one, C maybe B, but looking at these posts... I didn't mention his apperance and didn't fit the war (social context, AO5) into it enough. I found Chaucer pretty hard aswell! I chose the extract and waffled on about as many things that were loosely relevant. I'm just happy with my Spies:biggrin:
Reply 98
oatis
I thought I did okay in the George one, C maybe B, but looking at these posts... I didn't mention his apperance and didn't fit the war (social context, AO5) into it enough. I found Chaucer pretty hard aswell! I chose the extract and waffled on about as many things that were loosely relevant. I'm just happy with my Spies:biggrin:

I think for AMS you don't have to talk about context. You are only tested on A01-A04,but i still put in the war though and how it effects characters (Chris Blood money speech), it's Chaucer you are tested on A05 courtly love, social institiion of the church blah blah
Steveluis10
Did the astrology one.

I mentioned The star of honesty representing idealism as opposed to practicality
'the odds are a million to one that a man wont die on his favourable day' gives kate the hope that she needs to cling on to Larry's existance as accepting his death would mean accepting the shop incident
I also linked fate to the tree falling down, Kate's dream and the letter in the end determines Keller's fate once and for all.

Only wrote about 2 and a bit pages so not sure if i've done well or not

Your points for that are brilliant, they make perfect sense. I talked about how fate is personified to blame and to neglect one's responsibilites.

EEeek. ><

Latest

Trending

Trending