DeadSniffles
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
anyone at it today at shaftesbury theatre?
Matthewsimpson
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
I saw it last year at some place in London, fabulous. Who was speaking today? What poets?
DeadSniffles
Rep:
?
(Original post by Matthewsimpson)
I saw it last year at some place in London, fabulous. Who was speaking today? What poets?
i cant remember their names
i'll try and remember and report back
dancingshoes10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im going on wednesday was it any good!?
DeadSniffles
Rep:
?
Gillian Clarke, John Agard, Grace Nichols, Moniza Alvi, Jackie Kay

John Agard was really passionate and my favourite and grace nichols was good. tbh didn't think much of the others.

was alright. bit boring but maybe thats just me. meh.
Matthewsimpson
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
Hmm yeah, my favourites are Duffy and Armitage, so I wouldn't have liked it :P.
laurenlodge
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They are at one at the Hexagon in Reading next Wednesday - not entirely sure what to expect.
dancingshoes10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm seeing Duffy and Armitage on wednesday. I can't even remember any of the poems and I've got my mock the day after. Hopefully they'll bring em to life a bit for me.
username141550
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went to that 3 years ago? It was totally bulls, they're all absolutely awful. Embarrassingly so.
DeadSniffles
Rep:
?
we had only studied (so far) 1 of the many poems talked about today (the day before!). typical :rolleyes:
vixky!
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dancingshoes10)
I'm seeing Duffy and Armitage on wednesday. I can't even remember any of the poems and I've got my mock the day after. Hopefully they'll bring em to life a bit for me.
Where is Duffy on wednesday?
dancingshoes10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hexagon in Reading.
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i went last yr. I can say the best ones were simon armitage and the john agard (ithink that is his name)
Bgriffin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I went like 2 years ago i think...it was on in Milton Keynes, it was alright i suppose, nothing to write home about.
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are you coming all the way to the Hexagon!? There's supposed to be an Examiner giving tips as well.

EDIT: That's a yes. Just saw the answer. Are they making you wear uniform?! The injustice, because we have to.
dancingshoes10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeh all of my year group is going. Its right in the middle of when we've got all our mocks and we've got our english the day after so it should help us for that
DeadSniffles
Rep:
?
(Original post by lozz2601)
Are you coming all the way to the Hexagon!? There's supposed to be an Examiner giving tips as well.

EDIT: That's a yes. Just saw the answer. Are they making you wear uniform?! The injustice, because we have to.
apparently we were supposed to but our school cba hehe but said we would have to wear stickers with our school name on it but in the end we weren't even given them.

the examiner tips were awful IMO
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeh all of my year group is going. Its right in the middle of when we've got all our mocks and we've got our english the day after so it should help us for that
Snap!
Lucky, we had ours yesterday so we'll have to remember it for the summer. Which could be interesting.
dancingshoes10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know much about it, they haven't really told us about it yet cuz we've had exams. Is is the whole day and do you get breaks??
laurenlodge
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't know much about it, they haven't really told us about it yet cuz we've had exams. Is is the whole day and do you get breaks??
I think it starts at 10 (lie in!) and we get two breaks, one at 11-ish and one at 1.30ish for lunch. It finishes around three I think; I remember my teacher saying it's a fairly long day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
12.5%
No (7)
87.5%

Watched Threads