Haven't got a confirmation e-mail from one of the universities I applied to... Watch

AWSloan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I finished my UCAS application before getting off for Xmas and sent it to my tutor who then forwarded it to UCAS on the same day. The next morning I got the confirmation from UCAS that it had come through saying they'd get in touch with the universities concerned. In the upcoming days, I got a confirmation e-mail from 4 out of the 5 Universities confirming that they'd got my application. However, I didn't get an e-mail back from Dundee confirming that they'd even got it. I've been onto the UCAS Tracker and I've definitely applied to them alright.

Probably worrying about nothing, but just wondering if any of you think I should be trying to get some confirmation that they received it. Also, if you think steps need to be taken, should I be getting in contact with UCAS or Dundee themselves?

Thanks in advance.
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AWSloan)
I finished my UCAS application before getting off for Xmas and sent it to my tutor who then forwarded it to UCAS on the same day. The next morning I got the confirmation from UCAS that it had come through saying they'd get in touch with the universities concerned. In the upcoming days, I got a confirmation e-mail from 4 out of the 5 Universities confirming that they'd got my application. However, I didn't get an e-mail back from Dundee confirming that they'd even got it. I've been onto the UCAS Tracker and I've definitely applied to them alright.

Probably worrying about nothing, but just wondering if any of you think I should be trying to get some confirmation that they received it. Also, if you think steps need to be taken, should I be getting in contact with UCAS or Dundee themselves?

Thanks in advance.
Not all unis send out confirmation emails when they receive an application, so if everything is showing correctly on Track you have nothing to worry about, and do not need to take any action.
AWSloan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Minerva)
Not all unis send out confirmation emails when they receive an application, so if everything is showing correctly on Track you have nothing to worry about, and do not need to take any action.
Yep, makes sense. Cheers for the quick reply.
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i applied a while ago, and I sent off my application on the 14th of october and got the confirmation email from dundee on the 19th. It probably would have taken the same time for you, but since its the holidays they might closed until January
AWSloan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Yipyipee)
i applied a while ago, and I sent off my application on the 14th of october and got the confirmation email from dundee on the 19th. It probably would have taken the same time for you, but since its the holidays they might closed until January
I appreciate you checking all that for me. Will see what happens once the Christmas break ends. Thanks a lot.
Yipyipee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AWSloan)
I appreciate you checking all that for me. Will see what happens once the Christmas break ends. Thanks a lot.
its cool
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah as everyone has said don't worry about the emails, so long as it's on your Track you're all good.

Hope you get all your offers
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unis have been closed for the Christmas since 21 or 22 Dec.

You may hear something once Uni admissions staff return in the middle of next week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads