Friendship: 5 years
Not over the Ex atall.
Opinions?
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Absolutely. I would be devastated (heads would roll) if any friend of mine took up with one of my exes. In any friendship, the exes are a no-go, full stop.
PhantomBoggler
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't really understand the OP
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Did the friend know you weren't over the ex? Otherwise they haven't really done anything wrong, but I can see why you're annoyed.
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well I would be very unhappy if then again once you are single you are free to see anyone else.
theredsox
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Well I would be very unhappy if then again once you are single you are free to see anyone else.
Bros before hos, Carl.

(I've probably spelt that wrong)
theredwindmill
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I would be so annoyed, if my best friend went out with my ex, i wouldn't go out with my best friends ex.
Honeyblossom
Report 11 years ago
I would never go out with a friend's ex. A good friend just doesn't do it, regardless of whether the friend's over him or not.
Wannabe Linguist
Report 11 years ago
I am going out with my best friend's ex... please don't hate me.
I asked her before I did though, and she was fine with it. I wouldn't have even considered it if she had a prblem with it, I am totally of the bros before hos camp.
Charli_90
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If the friend isn't over the guy it's a total no go. A five year friendship is worth so much more than a guy that you'll probably break up with after a much shorter time.
PhantomBoggler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah same same
bro's before ho's, chicks before dicks.
Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:ditto:
Blue Rose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In friendship terms it is definitely wrong but in reality, no. It is just hard to bear and understand but with time you'll get over it. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. Happened to me too. And it was in the same week, it may have even been as soon as 3 days. Imagine how I felt. I still spoke to my friend and she knew I was HURT she apologised SO much. Didnt really help but the fact that she still spoke to me and she didn't really speak about him meant I forgot about it and knew that she wasn't doing it to hurt me (he was though) and that she was still my true friend.
But they broke up in a few months, it's all forgotten and the friendship is still going strong
Blue Rose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Any you never know, maybe your replationship just wasn't meant to be, and maybe theirs is. But thinking about it, I think the ex and your friend should have waited. Even if they were a bit close, they should have waited to make it a relationship and to declare that they are going out.
xoxo_GossipGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So are you wanting to go out with your best friends ex, or is your best friend wanting to go out with your ex?

My best friend slept with my ex and I've never seen here the same way since, couldn't even speak to her for a long time, so I'd say yes it was wrong either way
HereFishyFishy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well, it depends on the circumstances. How long ago did they break up? Is your friend totally over him/her? If the answer to the latter is no then of course you can't go out with their ex. You'd be a total pig to do that.
Anonymous #2
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Honeyblossom)
I would never go out with a friend's ex. A good friend just doesn't do it, regardless of whether the friend's over him or not.
Funnily enough, my friend thinks her ex and I would be perfect together and actually wants us to go out. :/ (He's ok I guess, but I disagree.) Although, they only went out for a couple of weeks and it really didn't work. It wouldn't be the same if it was an ex she loved and spent a lot of time with.

(Anon because I don't want people I know to see this.)
boom-gurl
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My personal opinion..

In a situation like this one, if the best friend speaks to you about it first, and asks as to whether you would be ok with it or not.. and then goes ahead [even if you agree hesitantly, then it shud be ok]

HOWEVER- if they were aware you wouldnt be happy- and didnt speak to you about it- and knew it would hurt you.. its unsensitive, selfish and wrong.

Hope that helps in some way, shape or form

x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Im the one with the ex and the friend. Im not over them at all and my friend knows that. in a very bad place, i could never forgive either of them but i dont want to lose them.???
Anonymous #3
Report 11 years ago
One of my best friends of 7 years slept with my ex boyfriend, we had been split up for around a month and then i found out the news... after a great deal of lies.
i strongly suggest u dont do it, unless ur prepared to loose ur friends, the faith and trust that they had in you, and unless u want to get a name for urself. its wrong, how could it be right?? its ur best friend, and ur ex boyfriend, and if anyone was in that position it would hurt, a hell of a lot.
can ruin the strongest of friendships!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.22%
Not great so far... (226)
35.76%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.3%

Watched Threads