The Student Room Group

How to apply IAL bio unit 4 content to the questions asked in the exam

So I'm doing biology, and we just finished unit 4 at school. I'm doing the edexcel IAL spec, and the questions they ask in the papers is so different. Like it's mostly application and at times, you think of an answer and it feels like you're right, but when you look at the MS, the answer is sth utterly different. I don't know what to do, I'll be doing the exam in June and we'll be starting unit 5 soon enough and I don't wanna lag, I just want to be thorough with unit 4 but it's just so difficult. Any tips y'all have to make it easier to get an A* in unit 4?
Huh, that's weird- i find Edexcel quite straightforward. Maybe because i've done AQA before and it was torture- i mean, you can take a textbook to an AQA exam and still get a D because you have no idea what they want you to write.

I'd say practise all past papers because unlike all the other exam boards, they repeat the questions frequently in different papers and the mark scheme for the same questions are the identical, unlike AQA (that piece of ****).
Reply 2
Original post by funkypineapple
Huh, that's weird- i find Edexcel quite straightforward. Maybe because i've done AQA before and it was torture- i mean, you can take a textbook to an AQA exam and still get a D because you have no idea what they want you to write.

I'd say practise all past papers because unlike all the other exam boards, they repeat the questions frequently in different papers and the mark scheme for the same questions are the identical, unlike AQA (that piece of ****).

Thanks so much. Yeah they do repeat, but the application questions are just bad sometimes. :/

Quick Reply

Latest