sophia13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I failed my chemistry test and i feel awful. So far, i have excelled in my studies and i feel really bad. What shall i do to uplift myself and get out of this mindset.
coffee_bubbles
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sophia13)
I failed my chemistry test and i feel awful. So far, i have excelled in my studies and i feel really bad. What shall i do to uplift myself and get out of this mindset.
Binge watch a series to forget a bit
Or if you’re feeling motivational, then make notes on all the areas where you made mistakes
okurr123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Are you doing GCSE? One test won’t change everything if you’ve been consistently getting top marks in class. You can also see where you went wrong and do even better next time, as sometimes we need to fail in order to succeed I myself am such a perfectionist; one bad mark can really ruin my day but I just remind myself that I can do better in the next test, and one bad mark won’t ruin my record of top marks
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use that failure to work harder! I got a U in my chemistry GCSE mock in March. I got a B in my actual Chemistry GCSE. In just 2 months. You’ve got longer than that, it’s not too late to want to do better.
Imperial_Maniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use the failure as motivation. You can do it if you put the effort in, put more in, avoid feeling like you do now
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Imperial_Maniac)
Use the failure as motivation. You can do it if you put the effort in, put more in, avoid feeling like you do now
Thankyou so much.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
Use that failure to work harder! I got a U in my chemistry GCSE mock in March. I got a B in my actual Chemistry GCSE. In just 2 months. You’ve got longer than that, it’s not too late to want to do better.
Wow that's amazing. Thankyou
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow that's amazing. Thankyou
The only that matters is your final grade - With a bit of revision you’ll be more than fine - Good luck!
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by okurr123)
Are you doing GCSE? One test won’t change everything if you’ve been consistently getting top marks in class. You can also see where you went wrong and do even better next time, as sometimes we need to fail in order to succeed I myself am such a perfectionist; one bad mark can really ruin my day but I just remind myself that I can do better in the next test, and one bad mark won’t ruin my record of top marks
Thankyou. I can relate a lot.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by coffee_bubbles)
Binge watch a series to forget a bit
Or if you’re feeling motivational, then make notes on all the areas where you made mistakes
Thanks
username3675004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why do people usually get really low grade in mocks but then go on to get B/A/A* in real GCSEs?
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends - Partially motivation, they’re more inclined to study hard for their final grades than they are a mock exam

And the idea that if you get a low grade in your mock but want to do well, you will therefore work harder as a result.
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use it as motivation! To suceed you have to make mistakes.
username3675004
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends - Partially motivation, they’re more inclined to study hard for their final grades than they are a mock exam

And the idea that if you get a low grade in your mock but want to do well, you will therefore work harder as a result.
Yh i guess you’re right...But to go from a U to a B is great!
Sam.T.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What I do is tell myself that it’s better to fail now & learn from your mistakes Han to fail in the real exam. Use this as motivation to revise & study harder & this will more likely help you rather than hinder you

Good Luck for your GCSE’s
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sam.T.)
What I do is tell myself that it’s better to fail now & learn from your mistakes Han to fail in the real exam. Use this as motivation to revise & study harder & this will more likely help you rather than hinder you

Good Luck for your GCSE’s
thanks
Toy Soldiers
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not sure if you've seen Star Wars, but to quote Master Yoda “The greatest teacher, failure is.” Learn from your mistakes and use that failure as motivation to improve your grades!
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toy Soldiers)
Not sure if you've seen Star Wars, but to quote Master Yoda “The greatest teacher, failure is.” Learn from your mistakes and use that failure as motivation to improve your grades!
Thankyou and i love the quote.
ThePioneer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do corrections from that test and the thing to always remember is that never repeat the same mistake. "It's not a mistake to make a mistake, It's a mistake to repeat the same mistake". Learn from those mistakes and work harder and smarter for upcoming tests and exams.

Good Luck👍
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThePioneer)
Do corrections from that test and the thing to always remember is that never repeat the same mistake. "It's not a mistake to make a mistake, It's a mistake to repeat the same mistake". Learn from those mistakes and work harder and smarter for upcoming tests and exams.

Good Luck👍
ok thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 11 Dec '19

Do you work while at uni?