zz12321zz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My question , " Is electricity the future of motor vehicles", and i'm not sure what i should research. I have started with trying to research into the beginning of electric vehicles and i am not sure what to do after that and how to go about doing it. Everybody said to look for a book or journal,but i dont know what books or what to look for in the book. Please help.
999tigger
Badges: 19
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zz12321zz)
My question , " Is electricity the future of motor vehicles", and i'm not sure what i should research. I have started with trying to research into the beginning of electric vehicles and i am not sure what to do after that and how to go about doing it. Everybody said to look for a book or journal,but i dont know what books or what to look for in the book. Please help.
Research motor vehicles in general.
Electrical vehicles with a focus on viability for the future. Ypu need to look at the pros and cons in detail.
Petrol vehicles and viability. Pros and especially the cons.
Other alternatives.

Electrical v Petrol in the future. This is where your argument
is that brings it all together. Be careful to spend time defining an then carefully building your argument.

You chose the topic. You must have had a reason. You can play with the title later.

Have an essay plan with all your questions and areas you want to cover.
I suggest you just spend a week getting used to the current the development and future for petrol vehicles and then another week on electric. Just read and make notes. See what your essay plan looks like after and whether you have read in enough depth. 8x 500 word essays.

Just read as much as you can plus get articles. take copies or links and group your research. You will know more when you have actually done some work. the research is 40-50 of the whole thing.
xEmilyxx
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have a look to see if anyone has directly written a book on the issue. One way to do this is by using Google Books and typing in your question and the most relevant books come up first. Then you can order it to your local library or by it yourself, but journals tend to be quite expensive so unless you have that sort of money lying around I'd advise against it.

As for journals, you can find these on Google scholar. But these are hit and miss because you generally have to pay to even read a few pages of it.

As for taking notes for your research, this is up to you. I copied relevant paragraphs out just so when I wrote it I could quote passages. But some bullet point it out. Depends how your like to work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (152)
55.07%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.77%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.42%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.8%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.71%

Watched Threads