27seven
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Right I want to sit Maths, Further Maths and Physics as a Private Candidate (Motivation for doing this is unrelated however I am using this to get into a better Uni), I am aiming for a minimum of 3 A's and I have several questions. Prior to this I have done Maths and Physics in the Irish Leaving cert so there is a bit of crossover and I just did 4 months of university level mathematics. Is it feasible to do these 3 A levels in 4/5 months? I am capable of studying quite hard and find mathematics and physics subjects that are easy to study. The only exam board I can find for Physics without coursework is Edexcel International A levels so I guess I am sitting that for Physics. I would like to do OCR (MEI) Maths and Further Maths but I think it may not be possible to do the coursework for C3, is it achievable to complete this coursework over 1/2 full days as it would need to be supervised in a centre? Now for Maths and Further Maths which exam board will be best Ideally I am looking for one with lots of Mechanics options and to avoid stats and preferably no coursework.
Thanks Alot
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can't take Edexcel IAL Physics in England but you might be able to in ireland - I'd investigate asap. The alternative would be (if you can find a centre to accept you on these terms) to take it with a different board but not do the practicals - it won't affect your grade you will just fail the practical endorsement

OCR MEI is about the only exam board with Maths coursework. If you can't sort that then you could do Edexcel and take all Mechanics units but, honestly, you'd be a fool not to take S1 as it is ludicrously easy. (C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, M2 for Maths, FP1, FP2, FP3, M3, M4 and M5 for Further Maths)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads