Turn on thread page Beta

girl flogged for being raped watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmiss ladyx)
    Yea but if they we're cruel enough to do it in the first place then i dont think they're going to be generous an only flog her on her legs. It shouldn't have even happened in the first place, makes us think how lucky we are living in the uk.

xmissladyx
    they flog them on the legs anyway dont they :confused: worst part would be the stomach area. yeah at least were safe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmiss ladyx)
    If the courts can have her killed for bieng raped, i guess people will be scared to shout out, i know i would be, at fear for my own life!

xmissladyx
    yes but nobody's going to murder you in this country for speaking out against it. I'm not accusing you of being apathetic, but politicians, the media, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    If you're talking about the rapists themseleves, what do you propose? Those oh so wonderfully lenenit sentences that let them off after a few years ( 5 years minimum isn't it? ) that are present in the UK?

But I'm guessing you're talking about the victim; in which case you're completely right. It's outrageous that they should be punished in any way whatsoever, considering the trauma that they've already gone through, as well as being innocent.
    I am talking about the victims. Though I'd expect intervention if they were stoning the rapists to death as well. Such barbary is unacceptable against anybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    yes but nobody's going to murder you in this country for speaking out against it. I'm not accusing you of being apathetic, but politicians, the media, etc.
    No i guess not! I'd still be scared to speak out though, the courts an the government are so powerful these days.

xmissladyx

ReputationRep:
    I am talking about the victims. Though I'd expect intervention if they were stoning the rapists to death as well. Such barbary is unacceptable against anybody.

Oh ok, sorry. It's just that the wording in your post was a bit ambiguous.

I don't quite know what my feelings are towards the death sentence, which is present in a lot of countries. However methods such as stoning, even though they achieve the same end, are too brutal and unecessary in my opinion. However, I don't see how intervention is possible on the side of the rapist; it's considered to be a very serious crime in most parts of the world and the punishments are often reflective of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    It happens in Christian countries too.
    But it is not carried out in the name of christianity as this kind of sentance is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    they flog them on the legs anyway dont they :confused: worst part would be the stomach area. yeah at least were safe
    i think so coz any other place is dangerous :confused:

ReputationRep:
    :mad: it's atrocities like this which make the rest of the international community build up/generalise hatred towards the islamic faith, without realising that the people carrying out these acts are probably as un-islamic as you can get. urgh

ReputationRep:
    hey there,,,

i'd like to make a point her inthat u all can not read english ... :eek:
    u all should have read the story properly to notice that it said " the girl has had sex outside of marrige" let alone being raped!!! in islamic law having sex outside of marriged is extremely forbidden, and being raped showed after examination that she'd had sex before: therefore they are not punishing her for being raped,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wacko_demon)
    hey there,,,

i'd like to make a point her inthat u all can not read english ... :eek:
    u all should have read the story properly to notice that it said " the girl has had sex outside of marrige" let alone being raped!!! in islamic law having sex outside of marriged is extremely forbidden, and being raped showed after examination that she'd had sex before: therefore they are not punishing her for being raped,
    Oh

ReputationRep:
    How do you tell that someone has had sex more than once? After being raped there would be severe brusing, tears and cuts to her vagina, inner thighs and labia. I cant imagine how they would be able to know she had had sex before being raped? Can anyone enlighten me.
    And also i think this case is horrific and if anyone is against this and other crimes against women join the amnesty campaign-a little bit can go a long way.
    http://www.amnesty.org.uk/svaw/

ReputationRep:
    this is Simpky Ridiculous... Theres no such law in Islam or Quran...

i dont know what Sharia court was that.

what once happened in India was that a Man raped a muslim girl, and then the Muslim court sentenced the Rapist to be stonned to death and the girl was poor so she was given some good amount of money to live a happily married life... and after few days that girl was married to a Muslim guy who actually gave the child his name......

that made me think islam is kinda cool...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lestat)
    this is Simpky Ridiculous... Theres no such law in Islam or Quran...

i dont know what Sharia court was that.

what once happened in India was that a Man raped a muslim girl, and then the Muslim court sentenced the Rapist to be stonned to death and the girl was poor so she was given some good amount of money to live a happily married life... and after few days that girl was married to a Muslim guy who actually gave the child his name......

that made me think islam is kinda cool...

As highlighted by wacko demon the girl is being punished for having sex before marriage not the rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    http://www.afrol.com/articles/10773

what kinda laws do they have? wouldn't that kill her?
    They're screwed it's not even related to religion in the slightest they'll reach out for the whip just for the joy of it..
    fecking *******s..

ReputationRep:
    Killing somebody for adultery is murder.
    Not in some countries' laws.

If the girl is 16 she's a child, so it's states murdering children.
    Again as above.

Why is there not further outrage?
    It's a shame but it constantly happens in Africa. Should we expect Nigeria to be liberated soon? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    But it is not carried out in the name of christianity as this kind of sentance is.
    Certianly in the past it did. Although I do not know the extent of today. Having said that I wondered if there was anything different in the south of Nigeria. I understand that that part is Christian.

ReputationRep:
    http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpe...dren-stats-eng

Nigeria arent the only ones who give the death penalty to children-this link shows all the countries that have killed someone who commited a crime when they were under 18.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpe...dren-stats-eng

Nigeria arent the only ones who give the death penalty to children-this link shows all the countries that have killed someone who commited a crime when they were under 18.
    :eek: most of them were in the US!!
    but with that they are saying recorded, there could have been many which werent recorded rite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishi nee)
    Omg - that is absolutely disgraceful!!! Ohhh - it makes me so angry - I'm a muslim girl myself and ohhhhhh!!! :mad: What kind of backward people are they? What on earth is the poor girl guilty of - simply being a girl? This is ridiculous - it's not even islamic in the slightest!
    Thank you, that has nothing to do with Islam at all, that is just some weird messed up person doing what they like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Not in some countries' laws.
    I don't mean it's murder in a legal aspect, but murder in an ethical aspect. I'm suggesting we use our power to enforce our ethics upon them.

It's a shame but it constantly happens in Africa. Should we expect Nigeria to be liberated soon? :rolleyes:
    It's simply unacceptable, we shouldn't tolerate it.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.