The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
wiwarin_mir
Well, that is muslim law for you, completely discriminating against women.

Then surely you have no problems with showing us the specific "muslim law" which commands rape victims to be flogged. I won't hold my breath.

Islamic law is not against women. Muslim men (a majority) are, however. Give them the power of implementing an already fundamentally flawed system (a bit like your above statement), the Shariah, and you have a bad cocktail. The below is an example. Note how they manage to connect not covering yourself to being molested. Note how this is the interpretations of male scholars. Force is force whether you are stark naked. No but apparently by covering oneself one will not be molested. Oh hail such dumbfound emperical evidence and twisting of the facts.

http://www.islamonline.net/askaboutislam/display.asp?hquestionID=2681

Also find and expect a persistant (probably deliberate) confusion or equalization of the words rape and adultry. Also never mind that underlying conditions of bringing forth 4 eye witnesses for the latter. Because most people who have extra marital sex do not usually have people gawking at them in the process, unless voyeurism is your thing. But of course by accusing rape victims of adultry you get rid of the woman and discourage further rape victims from stepping forward. Try being a woman in a man dominated world where you can buy a witness or police for a few quids or less.

I urge you to read the below link or even skim it.

http://www.iifhr.com/womens%20website/ppnock.html

or

http://www.karamah.org/articles_quraishi.htm

So if you must accuse anybody I sugges you accuse the muslims who wash their hands off of this yet claiming they are god fearing people. Those muslims who do such heinous crimes and then claim this is their prerogative as a man. So in fact muslim countries rewards men for suprressing women. Islamic countries do not. And for the same reason islamic countries is but an illusion that does not exist. Never will.

Sheikh Ahmad Kutty has the following to say:

"A woman who has been raped cannot be asked to produce witnesses; her claim shall be accepted unless there are tangible grounds to prove otherwise. To insist that she provide witnesses is akin to inflicting further pain on her. If anyone refutes her claim of innocence, the onus is on him to provide evidence, and she may simply deny the claim by making a solemn oath, thus clearing herself in public. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The onus to provide evidence falls on the one who makes a claim, and the one who denies (the same) can absolve himself or herself by making a solemn oath to the contrary.”

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=117700

In brief - muslims scholars and imams and mostly male followers are part of a wide conspiracy against their women and girls. The aim? Empowerment of men at the expense of women. If there is a hell, may they truly burn herein.
fishpaste
I don't mean it's murder in a legal aspect, but murder in an ethical aspect.

Well murder itself is of a legal origin I believe but I get your point.

fishpaste
I'm suggesting we use our power to enforce our ethics upon them.

This happens with a lot of countries and this is nothing new. There was a woman who was stoned to death because she cheated on her husband somewhere in Africa some time ago now. Do you think we should use our power everywhere? I'm not sure we have enough power to do so.

fishpaste
It's simply unacceptable, we shouldn't tolerate it.

As I said there are a lot of things we should not tolerate but why does it always have to be us doing the work (albeit with the USA often with us)? I don't see too much interest regarding other European nations.
Reply 42
NDGAARONDI

This happens with a lot of countries and this is nothing new. There was a woman who was stoned to death because she cheated on her husband somewhere in Africa some time ago now. Do you think we should use our power everywhere? I'm not sure we have enough power to do so.

Intervention seems to be minimal now, as far as I've read you just have amnesty and a few foreign offices making diplomatic pleas. We can do BETTER surely. Murdering children has got to be a priority surely.

As I said there are a lot of things we should not tolerate but why does it always have to be us doing the work (albeit with the USA often with us)? I don't see too much interest regarding other European nations.

When I say us, I mean the developed, free world.
Reply 43
wiwarin_mir
But it is not carried out in the name of christianity as this kind of sentance is.

Christian laws on rape:

"If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay the girl's father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the girl, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:28)"

How truly assuring you must marry your rapist.

But if out in the country a man happens to meet a girl pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 22:25)"

Nw you may claim that the old testament does not apply to christians. Funny because jesus thought differently.

"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

The only islamic law if any I could find on the matter is this:

Narrated Wa'il ibn Hujr:

"When a woman went out in the time of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) for prayer, a man attacked her and overpowered (raped) her. She shouted and he went off, and when a man came by, she said: That (man) did such and such to me. And when a company of the Emigrants came by, she said: That man did such and such to me. They went and seized the man whom they thought had had intercourse with her and brought him to her.

She said: Yes, this is he. Then they brought him to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). When he (the Prophet) was about to pass sentence, the man who (actually) had assaulted her stood up and said: Apostle of Allah, I am the man who did it to her.

He (the Prophet) said to the woman: Go away, for Allah has forgiven you. And about the man who had intercourse with her, he said: Stone him to death.

He also said: He has repented to such an extent that if the people of Medina had repented similarly, it would have been accepted from them. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366)"
fishpaste
Intervention seems to be minimal now, as far as I've read you just have amnesty and a few foreign offices making diplomatic pleas. We can do BETTER surely. Murdering children has got to be a priority surely.

Yes we can do better. And surely Tony Blair should take the same stance with this, which he holds for Iraq. But will he do the same and use force? :rolleyes:

fishpaste

Don't expect too much from certain EU countries though.
Reply 45
fishpaste

What do you do when the free world does something like this? The US will sentance someone to the death penalty if the crime was commited when they were older than 16 even though international human right laws stipulate that a child becomes an adult at 18
wacko_demon
hey there,,,

i'd like to make a point her inthat u all can not read english ... :eek:
u all should have read the story properly to notice that it said " the girl has had sex outside of marrige" let alone being raped!!! in islamic law having sex outside of marriged is extremely forbidden, and being raped showed after examination that she'd had sex before: therefore they are not punishing her for being raped,

What it says is that they found her guilty of having sex outside marriage...during the rape.
Reply 47
frost105
What do you do when the free world does something like this? The US will sentance someone to the death penalty if the crime was commited when they were older than 16 even though international human right laws stipulate that a child becomes an adult at 18

the military is not an option in that case is it? diplomacy is the only method
Reply 48
Dr. Blazed
What it says is that they found her guilty of having sex outside marriage...during the rape.

That highlights what I said earlier above. Cheers.

There is a deliberate and persistant trend of equalizing or confusing the words rape with adultry. Adultry is penable but rape is not. We can all do the maths from here surely. All thanks are due to the scholars, the clergymen and the imams. A conspiracy against muslims women is what this is.

Anything to liberate the man from his sin or his crime.
Reply 49
Dr. Blazed

That highlights what I said earlier above. Cheers.

There is a deliberate and persistant trend of equalizing or confusing the words rape with adultry. Adultry is penable but rape is not. We can all do the maths from here surely. All thanks are due to the scholars, the clergymen and the imams. A conspiracy against muslims women is what this is.

Anything to liberate the man from his sin or his crime.
Heartless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending