The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim guy and just found out I'm infertile! - marriage? :(

Hey guys,

so I just found out I'm infertile and like kinda bummed about it.

My question is this to fellow Muslims (or non-Muslims who know about this topic!), what happens now?

I mean, adoption kept aside, how do I go on about this? It won't be fair to the girl who's expecting to have her own biological kids, so besides adoption, what can I do?

Would it be better to stay unmarried instead of depressing/allowing another person to face what I'm facing (aka never having our own biological children?)
you should marry. If the person loves you enough and dearly, it wont matter to them that you cant have kids. BUT make sure they understand that your infertile early on in the relationship

2) what about IVF. Thats still halal since u will be using your husbands sperm
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

My question is this to fellow Muslims (or non-Muslims who know about this topic!), what happens now?

I mean, adoption kept aside, how do I go on about this? It won't be fair to the girl who's expecting to have her own biological kids, so besides adoption, what can I do?

Would it be better to stay unmarried instead of depressing/allowing another person to face what I'm facing (aka never having our own biological children?)

It depends what you want really, providing you are open and honest and get to a mutual agreement about it then if you marry or not it does not matter. If you are having an arranged marriage it's a way out. I'm not muslim BTW
If she truly loves you and accepts you, she will marry you. Inshallah you will find her one day.
I'm so sorry to hear that:frown:
I'm a female Muslim and I can't have children. I don't have a uterus and neither periods. So I really understand where you are coming from.
It's really how you and her feel at the end of the day. Adopting a child could be a really good thing for you both
I'm not sure if IVF is allowed in Islam, maybe other users might know

I know it's easy said than done but please try not to worry about it. Inshallah you find a good spouse, sorry this is all I can really advise you on.
Reply 4
Hey guys,

my memorys a bit hazy but i think there's technologies now that can isolate individual sperms or something in the case of infertile men [with low sperm counts] ..so that it can be possible to father a child.

do some googling..................
if you are/get into relationship, then you have to be honest and have good communication of what's for the best.
as early as appropriate because it's better in the long run if they want biological children and would break up.

I don't think you automatically need to say 'ill never marry so there's no point trying' if you're meant to be married and then I'm sure you'll find someone who doesn't mind not having their own biological children.

so my advice is, if you desire marriage, pursue it but be honest and keep communication open and prepared for either for them to say 'I don't mind let's adopt/not have kids OR :I want biological kids therefore maybe it's best if we break up'
Reply 6
Hey guys,

Hey, I think there are Muslim girls out there that are happy not to have kids, myself included. So don't lose hope in marriage. You just need to find someone that is happy with your situation. Everything happens for a reason. All the best.
Well maybe find a girl who doesn't want kids
Tell the girl you're planning to marry, and if she doesn't want kids its kind of a win-win for you because you're not disappointing, but make sure she understands your infertile, it's just not fair to marry her without telling her and making sure she understands fully and its also not fair for you to stay unmarried xx
I’m a Muslim myself. I wouldn’t mind if my husband can’t have children - it’s Qadr Allah. At the end of the day, ones relationship with their spouse is more important and kids are just the icing on the cake

Quick Reply

Latest