caffeine free life Watch

Laursy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
for the last week ive not been comsuming any caffeine filled drinks etc, and all i have drank is herbal tea!

ive been able to sleep so much better from not drinking coffee (like 3 cups a day), but im still really tired,

is it healthy to cut caffeine out of my life completely? or do we need that quick boost now and then to keep us awake!!

ive only caved in once and had a cup of tea today coz i was so stressed out lol,

am i being ridiuclus and a freaky health obsessive!
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I actually started drinking coffee recently to try and stay up for revision,I couldn't tell the difference :/
Tickety Boo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, it is good to cut caffeine out. I doubt there are any health benefits to having it.
Jehuty^
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't drink that much coffee so I don't really know. I think consuming way too much caffeine is bad for you though
theredwindmill
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
yeah i've heard its good to have caffine in moderation and i solute you for lasting a week so far with out caffine and i presume you will carry on. I love coffee too much to give it up even though it may be bad for me,
The Stig
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Like most things, completely cutting something out can't be good.

I could never give up tea / coffee. I drink 3 - 5 cups of tea day!
xBeccaxxGOKx
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't drink coffee or tea and still have trouble sleeping at times.

I still get caffeine from other soft drinks though, coke etc.

I don't know if NO caffeine is good for you or not. :/
Jehuty^
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
Like most things, completely cutting something out can't be good
Sounds about right. Everything in moderation
Laursy
Rep:
?
yer it does feel good, just finding herbal tea i like lol, some are really gross!! i decided to change my lifestyle coz id have a cup of tea b4 work, one mid morning, at lunch mid after noon and sometimes hot choclate and coffee, and i could never sleep proberly,

i don't want to be one of those grumpy people who needs an expresso to become human by the time i get to work lol!!
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jehuty^)
Sounds about right. Everything in moderation
yeah, i only do drugs at weekends so it's fine:rolleyes:
Lara C.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive been battling my coffee/caffine/pepsi max addiction for quite a while. once you stop taking it for like a week you feel much better. but for some reason i just have one cup, or bottle, and then it all starts again.
Laursy
Rep:
?
yeah, i only do drugs at weekends so it's fine
somtimes it got so bad i would inject tea into my veins!
Areontas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've not tried cutting it out - maybe I would feel better. But at the same time, I feel good when I have a cup of tea or coffee. I don't think I could give them up - I drink quite a lot of tea/coffee, and my sleep patterns do vary. On average, I get around 6-7 hours a night which is pretty standard.
Saffie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Laursy)
somtimes it got so bad i would inject tea into my veins!
also, depending on how you make your tea, (i.e. weak or strong), your tea might not be giving you much caffeine and might not really be making much impact on you.
Jehuty^
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Saffie)
yeah, i only do drugs at weekends so it's fine:rolleyes:
Glad to hear it
Cowberg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xBeccaxxGOKx)
I don't know if NO caffeine is good for you or not. :/
This topic made me realise I haven't had an caffeine for at least a month, and even then a tiny amount, and it's done me absolutely no harm. Whether or not cutting it out after a dependency has the same effect...

But you don't NEED caffeine to survive, much like you don't need alcohol or nicotine or any other drug.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I drink on average 6 cups of tea a day. Not sure what I'd be like without it, but there's no way I'd give it up. It's my 'thing' - when most people drink alcohol, I drink tea!! lol.
bobbles_lass
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm a serious coffee/caffiene addict. I tried to give it up for new years, but had a week of just no motivation, no buzz and I really had to be reivising so I gave up giving up and went back to my old ways. Though I don't have problems sleeping, I just have problems without it (rarely seen at college without a coffee mug in my hands....)
Rooftopcowboy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive replaced some of my daily coffee with decaffeinated, because i was drinking loads and caffeine turns me completely paranoid and irrational, I'll be like "omg (name) hasn't text me for like 2hours, maybe they hate me!?"

it can make me really neurotic and twitchy in high doses
Jiser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I use to drink between 7-10 cups of green tea/ tea/ coffee every day during my placement. Some days would go for a swift pint after work. Some nights though I would just get home and fall asleep.

I did a week of no caffine and I felt really ill, tired, then gradually I felt alot better, alot more refreshed.

I say keep it though as coffee is lush In fact iam gonna go get one now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.82%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.79%
I don't think they'd understand (51)
15.13%
It might lead to more bullying (128)
37.98%
There's nothing they could do (102)
30.27%

Watched Threads