Ruraa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I realised that there isn't a specific forum for year 13s OCR A level Eng Lit 2017/18 yet!
So I guess we can make a start.

The texts I'm studying are:
Hamlet, A Doll's House, The Merchant's Tale
Gothic Literature: Dracula, The Bloody Chamber

Mocks are coming up (for me at least) and I know few of the questions that are coming up (it's from the 2017 paper), but I'm clueless on what extract for the gothic will come up! I know the text, but not the specific extract... frustrating!

Anyway, what are everybody's texts and how are they revising?
I'm struggling with Hamlet note taking.. ugh.
Patootie123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey!!
My texts are: Hamlet, An Ideal Husband, The Merchant's Tale
Women in Literature: Sense and Sensibility, Mrs Dalloway

What are the questions you know so far from the 2017 paper??

I also struggle with Hamlet!! I find it useful to make mindmaps on the key themes and literary devices used in each scene. I also like to read through key passages and teach my own annotations to myself again - thats just me anyway
Ruraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Patootie123)
Hey!!
My texts are: Hamlet, An Ideal Husband, The Merchant's Tale
Women in Literature: Sense and Sensibility, Mrs Dalloway

What are the questions you know so far from the 2017 paper??

I also struggle with Hamlet!! I find it useful to make mindmaps on the key themes and literary devices used in each scene. I also like to read through key passages and teach my own annotations to myself again - thats just me anyway
I messaged you the questions I know so far!

And yeah, Hamlet is so hard... oh, I've never done mind maps before, might give it a try! Also, what kind of literary devices? I always says metaphor blah blah, but I feel like I always repeat myself
Idk how to develop my points, aha
connor158
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,My texts are also Hamlet, with Chaucer and Ibsen. If you wouldnt mind, could you please send me the questions also, as I can use them to prepare myself for revision. Thank you.
connor158
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ruraa)
I messaged you the questions I know so far!

And yeah, Hamlet is so hard... oh, I've never done mind maps before, might give it a try! Also, what kind of literary devices? I always says metaphor blah blah, but I feel like I always repeat myself
Idk how to develop my points, aha

Hello,My texts are also Hamlet, with Chaucer and Ibsen. If you wouldnt mind, could you please send me the questions also, as I can use them to prepare myself for revision. Thank you
Patootie123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by connor158)
Hello,My texts are also Hamlet, with Chaucer and Ibsen. If you wouldnt mind, could you please send me the questions also, as I can use them to prepare myself for revision. Thank you
What paper 2 are you doing?? As in Gothic Lit, American etc
connor158
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m doing gothic lit for paper2, but my mocks on hamlet and Chaucer are coming up soon
flyhunter1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ruraa)
I realised that there isn't a specific forum for year 13s OCR A level Eng Lit 2017/18 yet!
So I guess we can make a start.

The texts I'm studying are:
Hamlet, A Doll's House, The Merchant's Tale
Gothic Literature: Dracula, The Bloody Chamber

Mocks are coming up (for me at least) and I know few of the questions that are coming up (it's from the 2017 paper), but I'm clueless on what extract for the gothic will come up! I know the text, but not the specific extract... frustrating!

Anyway, what are everybody's texts and how are they revising?
I'm struggling with Hamlet note taking.. ugh.
heyyyyyy, can you please message me the questions babe...?
Ruraa
Rep:
?
Your DMs aren't open but For Hamlet, it is on death! And the multiple questions, I'm not 100% sure, but it's on themes like deception, truth, freedom (there are others, but for our texts I think those themes/questions best suited for us)

Good luck!
connor158
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much! Do you know what the gothic question is? I’m doing Dracula and The bloody chamber??
Ruraa
Rep:
?
Thank you so much! Do you know what the gothic question is? I’m doing Dracula and The bloody chamber??
I've been trying to find the extract, but I can't find it anywhere.. I'm still looking for it, if I find it I'll let you know!

As for the essay questions, they on themes like victims, suspense
Patootie123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are any of you doing OCR history?
Ruraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by kalsi_m)
Can you also send me the unseen text if you find it and also the questions we will get for bloody chamber, will be a great help for revision. Thnks
I'm still trying to find the extract! I'll let you know when I find it!
Ruraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Patootie123)
Are any of you doing OCR history?
Nope
Wildeey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So the question from paper 2 is about victims? thank you for that, I wanted to pin-point my revision for the mocks. When you find the specific extract, could you send it to me too please? thank you!
Ruraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wildeey)
So the question from paper 2 is about victims? thank you for that, I wanted to pin-point my revision for the mocks. When you find the specific extract, could you send it to me too please? thank you!
Yeah, that's one of the essay questions! So I guess you can talk about female being victims, but also males which subvert gothic conventions etc.
And yes, I will!
Horacio12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey dude could you PLZ send me the unseen text question and the Dracula and BC question for june 2017. Got the Mock tommorow x
Ruraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Horacio12)
Hey dude could you PLZ send me the unseen text question and the Dracula and BC question for june 2017. Got the Mock tommorow x
I PMed you!
Leahrgraham
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hiya can someone message me the questions ( I’m doing Dracula and Frankenstein so if you can remember can you say the one where it’s for them or where it doesn’t say the specific book titles) and the unseen please?have my mock tomorrow x
Ruraa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leahrgraham)
Hiya can someone message me the questions ( I’m doing Dracula and Frankenstein so if you can remember can you say the one where it’s for them or where it doesn’t say the specific book titles) and the unseen please?have my mock tomorrow x
Sent!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (6)
6.06%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (10)
10.1%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (25)
25.25%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (9)
9.09%
No, nothing has changed (32)
32.32%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (17)
17.17%

Watched Threads