Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I realised that there isn't a specific forum for year 13s OCR A level Eng Lit 2017/18 yet!
    So I guess we can make a start.

The texts I'm studying are:
    Hamlet, A Doll's House, The Merchant's Tale
    Gothic Literature: Dracula, The Bloody Chamber

Mocks are coming up (for me at least) and I know few of the questions that are coming up (it's from the 2017 paper), but I'm clueless on what extract for the gothic will come up! I know the text, but not the specific extract... frustrating!

Anyway, what are everybody's texts and how are they revising?
    I'm struggling with Hamlet note taking.. ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!
    My texts are: Hamlet, An Ideal Husband, The Merchant's Tale
    Women in Literature: Sense and Sensibility, Mrs Dalloway

What are the questions you know so far from the 2017 paper??

I also struggle with Hamlet!! I find it useful to make mindmaps on the key themes and literary devices used in each scene. I also like to read through key passages and teach my own annotations to myself again - thats just me anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patootie123)
    Hey!!
    My texts are: Hamlet, An Ideal Husband, The Merchant's Tale
    Women in Literature: Sense and Sensibility, Mrs Dalloway

What are the questions you know so far from the 2017 paper??

I also struggle with Hamlet!! I find it useful to make mindmaps on the key themes and literary devices used in each scene. I also like to read through key passages and teach my own annotations to myself again - thats just me anyway
    I messaged you the questions I know so far!

And yeah, Hamlet is so hard... oh, I've never done mind maps before, might give it a try! Also, what kind of literary devices? I always says metaphor blah blah, but I feel like I always repeat myself
    Idk how to develop my points, aha

ReputationRep:
    Hello,My texts are also Hamlet, with Chaucer and Ibsen. If you wouldnt mind, could you please send me the questions also, as I can use them to prepare myself for revision. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruraa)
    I messaged you the questions I know so far!

And yeah, Hamlet is so hard... oh, I've never done mind maps before, might give it a try! Also, what kind of literary devices? I always says metaphor blah blah, but I feel like I always repeat myself
    Idk how to develop my points, aha

Hello,My texts are also Hamlet, with Chaucer and Ibsen. If you wouldnt mind, could you please send me the questions also, as I can use them to prepare myself for revision. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connor158)
    Hello,My texts are also Hamlet, with Chaucer and Ibsen. If you wouldnt mind, could you please send me the questions also, as I can use them to prepare myself for revision. Thank you
    What paper 2 are you doing?? As in Gothic Lit, American etc

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing gothic lit for paper2, but my mocks on hamlet and Chaucer are coming up soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruraa)
    I realised that there isn't a specific forum for year 13s OCR A level Eng Lit 2017/18 yet!
    So I guess we can make a start.

The texts I'm studying are:
    Hamlet, A Doll's House, The Merchant's Tale
    Gothic Literature: Dracula, The Bloody Chamber

Mocks are coming up (for me at least) and I know few of the questions that are coming up (it's from the 2017 paper), but I'm clueless on what extract for the gothic will come up! I know the text, but not the specific extract... frustrating!

Anyway, what are everybody's texts and how are they revising?
    I'm struggling with Hamlet note taking.. ugh.
    heyyyyyy, can you please message me the questions babe...?

ReputationRep:
    Your DMs aren't open but For Hamlet, it is on death! And the multiple questions, I'm not 100% sure, but it's on themes like deception, truth, freedom (there are others, but for our texts I think those themes/questions best suited for us)

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! Do you know what the gothic question is? I’m doing Dracula and The bloody chamber??

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! Do you know what the gothic question is? I’m doing Dracula and The bloody chamber??
    I've been trying to find the extract, but I can't find it anywhere.. I'm still looking for it, if I find it I'll let you know!

As for the essay questions, they on themes like victims, suspense

ReputationRep:
    Are any of you doing OCR history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalsi_m)
    Can you also send me the unseen text if you find it and also the questions we will get for bloody chamber, will be a great help for revision. Thnks
    I'm still trying to find the extract! I'll let you know when I find it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patootie123)
    Are any of you doing OCR history?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    So the question from paper 2 is about victims? thank you for that, I wanted to pin-point my revision for the mocks. When you find the specific extract, could you send it to me too please? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildeey)
    So the question from paper 2 is about victims? thank you for that, I wanted to pin-point my revision for the mocks. When you find the specific extract, could you send it to me too please? thank you!
    Yeah, that's one of the essay questions! So I guess you can talk about female being victims, but also males which subvert gothic conventions etc.
    And yes, I will!

ReputationRep:
    Hey dude could you PLZ send me the unseen text question and the Dracula and BC question for june 2017. Got the Mock tommorow x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Horacio12)
    Hey dude could you PLZ send me the unseen text question and the Dracula and BC question for june 2017. Got the Mock tommorow x
    I PMed you!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya can someone message me the questions ( I’m doing Dracula and Frankenstein so if you can remember can you say the one where it’s for them or where it doesn’t say the specific book titles) and the unseen please?have my mock tomorrow x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leahrgraham)
    Hiya can someone message me the questions ( I’m doing Dracula and Frankenstein so if you can remember can you say the one where it’s for them or where it doesn’t say the specific book titles) and the unseen please?have my mock tomorrow x
    Sent!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 21, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.