The Student Room Group

What is the best airline in the world

I personally think it is Emirates/Qatar.

By best I mean quality for Economy Class this could include: in flight entertainment, food, seats, good staff etc..
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ryanair.
united airlines
Original post by JaredzzC
Ryanair.

I hope this is a joke :laugh:
Qatar Airways
Etihad
Emirates
(edited 6 years ago)
Emirates lol it's not even close

2nd best would be etihad/Qatar
Ryanair.

Surely, it'll be easyJet?
Definitely Emirates all the way
Original post by RoyalSheepy

Tbf, did not state how it could be the best. Could be best in terms of price ;p

Ryanair.
Original post by Chichaldo
Tbf, did not state how it could be the best. Could be best in terms of price ;p

I'd pay any price not to fly with them scammers.

What is there to joke about?

Transparent pricing
Great customer service
Always on time
Stress-free flight

The name itself carries a certain 'prestige', don't you think? :toofunny::lol:
Original post by Toy Soldiers
Surely, it'll be easyJet?

no disrispek plz, mi madre used to werq 4 them.
Qatar, or singapore airlines. Singapore airlines isn't noticed much nowadays but everyone forgets it's the one with the highest amount of luggage you're allowed to carry.
What is there to joke about?

Transparent pricing
Great customer service
Always on time
Stress-free flight

The name itself carries a certain 'prestige', don't you think? :toofunny::lol:

Oh yeah, forgot about all those brilliant features... Which Ryanair possess none of :toofunny:

The name was more of a "that'll do" sorta name :laugh: But then again, that's most airlines these days...

Spoiler

Ryanair
TOP TOP QUALITY
Pakistan International Airlines.

/thread
Definitely not Delta.

Emirates and southall airways
I'd pay any price not to fly with them scammers.

Must be nice to have that luxury ;p
Reply 18
Malaysia Airlines :ahee:
Original post by Kevin Hodge
Pakistan International Airlines.

/thread

*snickers* You're kidding, right? I really hope you are.

My most recent experience with them (travelling back to London) (I've always flown Economy) was quite a mess. Check-in and baggage stuff lead to an argument between my mum and the check-in staff (disputing the weight of the suitcases and the extra baggage fees) which got heated (an ANF security guy told one PIA guy he was talking rudely to my mum) and was about to turn into a physical fight between the ANF security guy and the PIA guy.
Oh, and I was tearing up and about to burst into tears because it was nearly 8am when we finally finished and ran to the security gates, I had little sleep, and my mum and I had been trying to check-in and get baggage tagged and weighed for 30-50 minutes.
WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!
The only thing that made it less worse was that the guy checking passports and tickets before letting us board called me "beta" (it means "dear" or "child" in a nice way). It was a small thing but my mum thanked and praised the guy for being nice when the check-in staff were very rude.

Oh, and my mum is allergic to rice and potatoes but PIA's lunch and dinner options always have those two foods...even though when we book our seats, we tell them to note down the allergies. I let my mum take some of my food.

I'm flying to Pakistan with PIA in a few months' time. I hope it's not as disastrous as last time. I did consider upgrading my seat and my mum's seat to Business Class for our upcoming two-way flights but I don't know if the service will be noticeably better. My mum can't handle non-direct flights (such as on Qatar or Turkish Airlines) because of her arthritis and mental health and I have to keep an eye on her so our only good option is flying with PIA.

ANYWAY: PIA is surely not the best airline! I've flown with Qatar on one flight in Economy and it was MUCH better than PIA. My dad's flown with Oman Airlines a few times and he had a very good experience (still Economy). My uncle and his family flew to Pakistan with Turkish Airlines and they had a very good experience...even brought some Turkish Delight for us!

Quick Reply

Latest