x7xemilyx7x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I am currently doing my english language coursework, one on transcription of a speech and the other on analysing a produced piece of work, in which case i have done a magazine interview in heat. I was just wondering whether any of you can give any tips or advice on analysing my written work. Thanks
rockingreviser
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I am doing my coursework as well..I am doing a travel article and a horror story and I need help too.
Fran Katzenjammer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
'tick density'.
You need to go Point, Evidence, Comment. Loads of times. And for each PEC, you get a tick.
The "P" is a piece of terminology, and the idea is to show how much terminology you know.

The 'comment' should tie it back to the question, or how the writing suits audience/purpose.

e.g
'There is a lot of elision, for example "don't" which shows that this is a spontaneous and casual conversation.'

'There is a lot of field-specific lexis, for example 'modem' which shows that this is suited to a computer-savvy audience.'

Tick, tick.
And you don't have to interweave your texts. Just talk about the first text in a block, then the other one. I did that and got 78/90. (72 is an A). So don't make it more difficult than it is.
Fran Katzenjammer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rockingreviser)
I am doing my coursework as well..I am doing a travel article and a horror story and I need help too.
Just quoting so you know to read my above post.
I hope it's of use.
x7xemilyx7x
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanks very much for that, i got 3 marks off an A for AS. I'm on A2 now, comparing two texts from old and modern time periods and two transcripts, in which i'm doing margaret thatcher speech and david cameron. Going for an A this time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads