Kash4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is there a possibility that there could be exams in April in 2018? It’s urgent!
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's very unlikely but not completely impossible.

If you're considering going on holiday, I really wouldn't recommend it. It will be just a few weeks before your GCSEs and you should be focusing on your revision.
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, it depends whether you're doing GCSEs or IGCSEs - IGCSEs often start earlier; my first one was on the 2nd May.
Kash4
Rep:
?
I’m doing GCSE exams, I think I’m gonna have to cancel my vacation 😕
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kash4)
it will be worth it trust me , my friend went on a 2 week holiday literally right before the week his exams start (he came back on the week he started) and lets just say his life is in ruins because of it , not worth it
LeapingLucy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kash4)
You're going to have a 12 week long summer holiday after your exams - go on your vacation then.
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The timetable for Summer 2018 was confirmed in June 2017 and the timetabled exams start on 14 May. There are a few exams (Art, language speaking exams) that have to be done within a set window that includes April so check with you rschool when these have been scheduled.
JammieDodger27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Check your exam timetable - that'll let you know when your first exam is. It is highly highly unlikely to be in April.

The next question isn't can you go on holiday, its should you go on holiday?
Kash4
Rep:
?
Thing is, I don’t know which timetable is reliable, I checked about 6 timetables for 2018 and all have different dates. I don’t know where to look. I have been given s timetable from school but only shows exams for January and February
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kash4)
Thing is, I don’t know which timetable is reliable, I checked about 6 timetables for 2018 and all have different dates. I don’t know where to look. I have been given s timetable from school but only shows exams for January and February
I expect your your school timetable is for mocks and not for external GCSEs.
JCQ is the umbrella organisation for all the domestic GCSE exam boards (it does not include CIE but if you're at a state school that won't matter). You can check here https://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/...-cycle-2017-18 and see that it says:
14/05/2018 Date of first examination on common timetable GCSE GCE

Dates for individual exams are all on the exam board websites and have been since last Summer.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kash4)
Is this holiday in term time? You might miss orals or practicals and it is a silly time as you'll miss key revision lessons
Kash4
Rep:
?
I’ve decided that I will go on holidays some other time, it’s too much of a risk. I need to pass those exams. Thanks for the advice guys 👍🏼
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.78%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.94%
Not bothered either way (38)
12.03%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.25%

Watched Threads