The Student Room Group

A level History

I currently take AQA History: Democracy and Nazism and Tudor England, I didn't take History at GCSE but I decided to take it at A-Level (don't ask lmao) but I'm struggling a little bit. I need help in terms of good memorizing techniques cause the content is ridiculous and in terms of exam technique, especially source validity comparison questions & source interpretation questions
Original post by M.Gilbertson
I currently take AQA History: Democracy and Nazism and Tudor England, I didn't take History at GCSE but I decided to take it at A-Level (don't ask lmao) but I'm struggling a little bit. I need help in terms of good memorizing techniques cause the content is ridiculous and in terms of exam technique, especially source validity comparison questions & source interpretation questions

There are memorising techniques, but tbh it is better if you understand the period as its a lot more than dates.

Timelines give you a chronological backbone and then mind maps give you a better explanation of how it all fits together.

History has three aspects.

1. Mastering core material and sorting out whats relevant.
2. Understanding how it all fits together.
3. being able to replicate what the examiner wants.

You need to deal with 1 because one of the things that people find hard is the amount of information, hence a good set of revision notes with only what you need to know is important

I used to write down mini sets of facts and cover them up and try and remember them byy seeing how many i could copy back down. If you wnat fancy then you can use quizlet but i think you ned up with too many flashcards.

Quick Reply

Latest