Is it too late to apply to for vacation schemes? Watch

adam_iz2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I know the deadline is 31st, but is it worth applying this late?
Alexander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes. The value of applying early is often exaggerated (although it's good to if you can). There are some firms which don't send out any invitations to interview until after the deadline has passed.
sanachan
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
exactly as Alexander said, many firm dont even look at apps till after new years, i'm still going to apply, gota send another one out, the more the merrier! but yeah, definitely apply still it's not too late, the deadline is 31st, therefore they accept till 31st, earlier sometimes better but not always so, like for instance if you are about to do something that will make your app better (like i waited till i attended an open day with a firm then sent my application, i sent it later than most people i know but it was worth it), if you have the time to apply do it and good luck!
adam_iz2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
ok, thanks for the advice
TommehR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I (and quite a few of my friends) applied to firms in November, and still haven't heard anything back. I can only assume that they haven't really started interviewing or allocating interview places yet. Some firms, like Ashurst, have probably pretty much filled up their schemes now as they don't interview, but I'd say that on the whole the majority of firms haven't really started their big rounds of interviews.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads