The Student Room Group

Imperial Offers and Dropping Subjecfs

Sorry, first time poster here, but I’m in need of some clarification about offers and was wondering of anyone would be able to help?
I’m currently taking 6 Advanced Highers (roughly the same level as A-levels, but Scottish) and was lucky enough to get an offer from Imperial for MSci Physics contingent upon 3 A1 (read: 3 A*) grades along with being awarded a President’s Scholarship. I loved the College when visiting, and dearly want to go, but I’m finding my French Advanced Higher too much, and want to drop it. Now, the offer isn’t based upon French - and the subject isn’t relevent in the slightest for the degree - but I’m worried that I’ll lose the scholarship or even the offer if I were to drop it. Does anybody have any advice where to go from here?
Original post by Boatswain
Sorry, first time poster here, but I’m in need of some clarification about offers and was wondering of anyone would be able to help?
I’m currently taking 6 Advanced Highers (roughly the same level as A-levels, but Scottish) and was lucky enough to get an offer from Imperial for MSci Physics contingent upon 3 A1 (read: 3 A*) grades along with being awarded a President’s Scholarship. I loved the College when visiting, and dearly want to go, but I’m finding my French Advanced Higher too much, and want to drop it. Now, the offer isn’t based upon French - and the subject isn’t relevent in the slightest for the degree - but I’m worried that I’ll lose the scholarship or even the offer if I were to drop it. Does anybody have any advice where to go from here?

Tell them before you make any decisions about dropping it, as it isn't a relevant subject you wont be a problem but better to be sure before you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending