The Student Room Group

Is an apprenticeship worth it?

I am thinking of doing an apprenticeship at the BBC but am unsure whether it would be helpful for me.

I want to be a freelance videographer and make commercials, music videos, wedding videos etc, I don't know whether an apprenticeship would benefit me or not.

I would just like other peoples opinions as I don't want to finish my apprenticeship and it being a waste of time.

Thanks.
I think an apprenticeship at the BBC is very, very useful because you can make different contacts which will be very helpful in the world of media and plus you will learn new skills and earn money at the same time whilst honing your techniques. :smile: xx
If you are successful in getting an apprenticeship with the BBC, I think it is a good route to take as it opens up a lot of doors for you. The skills you learn can help you plan a long and stable career in media. At the same time, you could also do freelance projects which suits your interest and build up your portfolio.
Original post by cheesecakelove
If you are successful in getting an apprenticeship with the BBC, I think it is a good route to take as it opens up a lot of doors for you. The skills you learn can help you plan a long and stable career in media. At the same time, you could also do freelance projects which suits your interest and build up your portfolio.

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending