username2905900
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey, I've tried all sorts of methods of trying to revise for a physics test, (I don't like cue cards before you suggest) and have looked online for some methods and I can't find any that are useful. Can you give me some suggestions on how you guys revise for Physics?
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sinnamon42)
Hey, I've tried all sorts of methods of trying to revise for a physics test, (I don't like cue cards before you suggest) and have looked online for some methods and I can't find any that are useful. Can you give me some suggestions on how you guys revise for Physics?
What about making posters of different topics? Btw - is this GCSE or A-level?

I used to make little diagrams of different parts of the syllabus, for examples star formations/death or equations I needed to remember. I'd make them colourful or colour co-ordinated if they related to something else and placed them around my room. If I wanted to test myself, I'd try to recall if without looking or take it down, redraw it and check it.

Alternatively, record yourself explaining a concept. I'm going to assume that the reason you're struggling for revision ideas is because a lot of Physics is concept based understanding rather than factual memorisation, so if you can get your head around the concept, you're sorted? If that's the case, you could either record yourself with something like Audacity or your phone, or you could teach it to someone, either a family member, friend or even just a soft toy or something like that. Anything where you'll structure the concept into an explainable form that cements it in your head.

I really hope these help, but if they're not what you're looking for, just let me know and I'll try and recall some more for you
hannah_ponsford
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I use the cgp workbook in conjunction with the revision guide and I answer the questions in the workbook using the guide and find it sticks in my head more. u just have to learn the equations and print loads of questions out
Faction Paradox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It may not be a quick cure or anything, but past paper questions have always been the most effective use of my time, and in most cases even if not many past papers are available, exam style questions from textbooks, or even papers from an old spec or different exam board (although be careful that you know which topics are the same/different if you do this)

This lets you not only become very familiar with the content, but also means you are comfortable with the style of questions, so you are less likely to miss bits of the question (like what number of significant figures to answer to) and are able to learn what the common phrases seen in the papers mean.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.3%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.04%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.53%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.54%

Watched Threads